KBI .22 AK-47 Replica

Cawdor

Does anyone own one of these .22 AK-47 replicas that KBI is importing? How is the accuracy? Reliability? Fit and Finish? Field stripping? Thanks.

sbs

Is it imported from Italy? If it is and manufactured by Jaeger Armi then the quality is quite good. A freind has one, build, fit and finish is good. Accuracy is good for a 7-8 pound trigger gun. In my country (not US) it sales will 30 round high cap magazine and feed very well with high velocity ammo. Control selector lever functions down to under barrel cleaning rod, even the take down procedure, duplicates exactly like a real Kalashnikov. You can mount a scope on with a side saddle (not sure who made it). They also have it in French FA-MAS clothing or in the case of .22 magnum under a Galil replica. Beware, do not using the factory supply rod (that hung under barrel), it ruin many good crown. All in all, I wait for him to sell it to me but look like I will go and buy one for myself. ;) sbs

Cawdor

sbs, the one that KBI is importing is from the Philipines, though the one you describe sounds very good.

sbs

If it is from the Philipine, I would give it a pass. I have seen a M-16 replica made by Squire Bingham (sic) from the Philipine. which not only perform at the opposite end of the spectrum but the body detail isn't even resemble anything near a real thing. mag capacity is 10 only. Not so good IMHO, sbs

spleenandideal

Cawdor~

This is the same rifle that was imported by Mitchell Arms several years ago. It is made in the Philippines, but unlike the M-16 .22 they made, it is actually a nice rifle. My personal AK22 shoots around 3" groups at 75 yds. with open sights. The problem is finding the older hi-cap mags, which I saw somewhere selling for 69 bucks.

For the money you could do a lot nicer with a Ruger 10/22. For more info, go to www.ak-47.net/akboard/ and find the KBI discussion Group.

Hope this helps.

Cawdor

spleenandideal,

I have a 10/22. I am looking for another .22 to go along with it. I am trying to find out whether the KBI's AK-22 is as reliable, as well-made, as easy to strip, and as much fun as a 10/22. If you have experience with both, I'd appreciate a comparison.

I have read the posts in the KBI forum at AK-47. Generally, they are pretty good. I thought I'd check over here because it does not look like the rifle has been discussed.

dean gulbery

i own one

its a pretty neat gun.fun to shoot, easy to take apart, and pretty accurate too if u keep it clean and use quality ammo like any other gun. also if your looking for a 20 rnd magazine for this gun go to "http://www.gun-parts.com/magazines2/" they got them for $35 bucks but they are out of stock most of the time.