Kansas City Cabela's....WOW!

Rembrandt

Was in Kansas City this last weekend, had to go check out the new Cabela's. It would be well worth your time to stop if you're within 200 miles of this site. The parking lot was full, and I mean FULL!....the only way to get parked was wait for someone to leave. The place was wall-to-wall people....I've never seen one this crowded. They even had people outside working the traffic and shuttles so you didn't have to walk far.

This store has an unbelieveable Mule Deer collection....there is one entire wing with around 80 full body mounts....breathtaking! It's actually more like a "Mule Deer" museum...because it's not intermingled with the merchandise.

Gun Library was very nice.....I found two complete Browning 3 gun Renaissance pistol sets on display, darn!, I was about $5000 short of taking one of those home. Plenty of side-by-sides, pre-64 model 70's, and Colt's. Good thing these were in glass cases, kept the drool off the guns!

This store has an "African Safari" shooting gallery, guns all shoot lazer light beams at assorted species. There is a Rhino and Lion head mount that are set up with motion sensors...whenever someone sets it off the Rhino begins moving and talking in a British accent. Like to get one of those for the Rembrandt Hunting Lodge.

They had a mounted 16' Croc on display that had a Wildebeast in it's mouth.....How Johnny Weismiller ever wrestled those things in his movies is beyond me.....

There were lines of people at the restrooms and restaurant....just a little too crowded to do any shopping, probably a good thing....got out of there and only spent 150 bucks. Definetly a must must see. I've been to each of the other stores, but this may be the nicest one yet....

Check out the pictures below......

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...ores/kc/kc-facts01.jhtml&metaTagId=kc-facts01

Veloce851

Living in the KC area I'm looking forward to checking it out. I've heard alot about it. All this next week is their grand opening, they even have Chuck Yeager there.

I'm thinking of going tomorrow, thanks for the head up on parking, I'll be sure to put my walking shoes on :)

ACP230

The store in Dundee, MI is pretty nice too. Lots of mounted deer and African game. I don't know if it has a laser shooting gallery, too busy in The Gun Library dickering on a .41 Magnum to look for one.
It was not as busy when I was there as the one in KC, but it has been open for a couple of years too. They did have parking lot shuttles.
I plan to go back next time I'm in the area.

LoneStranger

Veloce851;
Since your in town you might wish to try it on the weekdays. Been told that traffic is quite a bit less.
Yes, I have been in there and I went in the Gun Library. Came to the conclusion that the only way I could afford anything was come in the day after they paid off on my life insurance.

Rembrandt

My work requires a great deal of travel, have been to every one of the Cabela's stores. The three nicest are Dundee, Owatonna, and Kansas City....that's not to say the others aren't nice, but these three are the biggest. You can view each of the stores by clicking on their website and take the photo tour.

Each locations gun library seems to cater to a different clientel....Sydney is real big on hunting rifles, Owatonna is big on side-by-side shotguns...etc.

For anyone that has never been to one of these, it's like Disneyland for the Hunter and shooter.

The Kansas City location has 1300 parking spaces and all were filled up last weekend....my guess is they will be busy again this week since it's their grand opening. I'm headed for Kentucky in the morning and plan to swing through for a second look tomorrow....only get there earlier.

Logistar

I stopped by the Cabela's in Mitchell SD a couple of months ago. I didn't want to leave! :D They had everything I could imagine there in stock. - Also some live fish displays.

Logistar