kaltech 9mm ftf.

eastbank

a friends kal-tech 9mm failed to feed after 25 rounds and he ask me to take a look at it. he gave me the rest of the ammo in the box 9mm win. ball. i took it apart and cleaned it up and lubed it and looked at the recoil springs(little one inside a bigger one). i think the little spring caught on the larger spring during recoil and caused the failure to feed. after assembling, cleaning and lubing it fired all the 9mm win. ball and a whole box of rem hard ball with out hitch. the little bugger kicked and it shot to point of aim at 15 yards. it may be some thing to look at if you have failure to feed. eastbank.

Justice06RR

which Keltec gun was it exactly?

I've heard of a few issues with the PF9's having failure to feed, which is why i'm hesitant to buy a Keltec for pocket carry. Some of them also require a fluff-n-buff for the gun to work flawlessly. In short, i'm not really sold on Keltecs...

POKEYJOE04

My PF-9 has worked flawlessly so far. It is kind of hard to hold on to, so the accuracy is not outstanding for me. But it works good up close, and I think that was what it was designed for. For accuracy I go with the Blackhawk in .357 with 6 inch + barrel, but it doesn't pocket carry nearly as well as the Kel Tec.

Onward Allusion

eastbank
kaltech 9mm ftf.

Common problem with the P-11. (got 2 P-11's don't have a PF-9) Probably the mag. Try letting the mag sit full for a day or two. Also, in my experience, P-11 pistols like to run well oiled. Finally, if the preceding two suggestions don't work, try replacing the guide rod with a steel one. On rare occasions, the polymer rod has too much flex and will interfere with the slide's cycle.

BTW, it's Kel-Tec...