Kahr trigger pivot pin problems

bikeguy

AAGGHHH! THere was a thread a few weeks ago about problems with polymer Kahr's with warped rails and trigger pivot pins that "walk out". At the time, I had the former problem with my P9, but not the latter. NOW my trigger pivot pin is working it's way out.

You guys who had this problem - what is the fix (don't say get rid of it) and how long does it take to get the gun back? Anyone in particular at Kahr I should talk to?

Bullitt

I've heard several guys say lock tight cured there problem, at least temporarily. The longest I waited to get mine back was 4 weeks, the other 3 times it was less than two weeks. Dave, don't remember his last name, is the production manager. I spoke with him a bunch. Real nice guy.

IRock

Biker Guy, My fix was they replaced it with a mk 40. Glad to be rid of the plastic gun. It took three weeks to get it. I believe they just put a bigger pin in to make it stay in the plastic when firing. Good luck.

popnokick

I just had my P9 Covert done (trigger hinge pin & spring replaced). They had it two weeks. No charge. I've put 50 rounds through it since, and it not only fixed the problem but the trigger feels better now as well.

Email them at Kahrcs1@aol.com and they will send you a Return Authorization number.

Onslaught

My P9 went back 3 times for striker related (no bang) issues. Dave finally agreed to replace it with a P40 that he personally test fired 200 rounds through before shipping it. Damn trigger pin still walked. I put loktite on it, and it did fix it, but I still want the "real" fix.

I e-mailed them about 2 weeks ago, but they haven't responded. :mad: Guide rails aren't warped though :)