Kahr T40 comments

headbangerJD

I was looking into buying a Kahr T40 and wanted to hear the pros and cons of the pistol from people who have owned one

Last edited:

chris in va

I have a K9, not a direct correlation to the T40 but...

I think you'll get a quality handgun that is thin for it's caliber, balances well and has an amazing trigger. I understand 1911 holsters will fit. You'll also enjoy the very low bore axis compared to other firearms on the market. My Sig 220 looks like a highrise in comparison.

Being all steel it'll be somewhat heavy, and the single stack mag will limit 'firepower'.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Unless you are going to use it for some sort of target competition I would get a different Kahr model. It has a larger frame but one more round capacity and the grip is not all that much larger. Even with two full mags and one in the tube you are one round short of IDPA max rounds for a stage(or so I understand).

My T9 works extremely well at every thing I try it at, but I don't think it has any advantages over the smaller Kahrs. If I had it to do over I would probably buy a MK9. At least it is MUCH thinner than a Glock.

PSP

I have a T9. It has turned into one of my favorite range guns, mainly due to the full grip and nice trigger. This Kahr is one of my softest shooting pistols. I find no faults in this pistol.

The gun is great at the range. I had a new shooter out who was female today and she really liked it. The quality of the workmanship and engineering is superb. The trigger is only going to be amazing if you are looking for a trigger like a double action revolver. It has a reasonably heavy first stage and a decently heavy 2nd stage, but the break is very crisp and very predictable. Not at all gritty.

Look at what holsters are available also. Selection is limited. I do not believe mine fits in 1911 holsters. It may fit in one of the Kimber 9mm 1911s holsters or something, but I believe it is smaller than a gov't frame 1911. I do not own a 1911 to check though. If it does fit a certain 1911's holster I would love that information.

PSP

I don't carry the T9, but I have a holster I bought for a CW9 that fits the T9 by loosening the muzzle end a bit. It's a Mitch Rosen Premier. Someone on another forum asked if it passed the "upsidedown test". It does. The only other holster I have for the T9 is a Jit Slide, which I hate.

reunion6-6-09016.jpg

On a side note... this is the most versatile holster I have. It is made for the K40, fits the CW, P and T Kahrs, also fits my HK P7 pretty well and is spot on for my Sphinx AT-380M.

Suwannee Tim

I have a K9, a K40 and a T9. I bought the K9 thinking the 40 would be just too much in an 18 ounce gun. I carried the heck out of the 9 over the years though I haven't shot it that much. I decided to get a K40 and it do kick. You would not want to shoot this guy a lot. I got a T9 to practice with as the ergonomics are near identical to the K9 and K40 but it weighs 10 ounces more. It is relatively easy to shoot, easy enough that I'm happy to shoot an indefinite number of shots. I can't imagine anyone saying a 1911 holster will fit one of these guns, they are much smaller.