Kahr Slide question

unbeknownst

I have a P40... I realized if I juggle the gun the slide slightly jiggles.. as in I can feel it and if I try to gently move the slide back and forth at a rapid pace, I can feel it then too. Is this normal? This is my first semi-auto and I can only ask.

Dfariswheel

Completely normal. Even tight fitted target guns have to have some looseness. My Kahr has a fair amount of looseness and still shoots tight groups.

awisler

Ditto with my K40 ...

... this is part of what makes it reliable -- be thankful for it. When I seat a loaded mag, most of the motion goes away, FWIW, but it doesn't affect accuracy to a significant degree regardless. Enjoy your new pistol.

Andrew

unbeknownst

One more quick question.. Kahr lists the same dimensions for the K40 and P40.. was looking to get a Blade-tech holster... lists it only available for K40... same fit for the P40 as well?

Onslaught

Hmmm... Some on this site have posted that Kydex for the K's won't fit the P's... but I don't remember why...

You mean you're not gonna take my suggestion and order a comp-tac? :p I am of course, kidding... BUT, (uh-oh, here I go) I've read a lot of posts that suggest the Blade-Techs are a bit over-priced for the level of finish, attention to detail, and some guys complain about 'em being too thick for IWB (but then, you were getting a slide, weren't you?). Haven't heard anything bad (YET) about comp-tac. Mine should be here this week :D and I'll let you know how it works.

You know, for a first time semi-auto purchase, you did a DARNED good job!! Kahrs are actually tighter than most... Ever notice how it's a bit difficult to eject a chambered round by hand? TIGHT!

Good luck!

38Mike

Onslaught,

I've got a Comp-tac Undercover for my P9. You will like your holster, you'll also get a kick out of maker's safety rules....

Mike M.

unbeknownst

I guess I will order a comp-tac since I need one for the P40. Was looking on Kahr's site, and saw the DeSantis holster with a thumb break, and wanted one for when I work armed security. Looked on Desantis' web site, and saw two models for $15.50 and $10 on closeout for those interested.

Attachments

• style32.jpg
    style32.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 41

unbeknownst

This is the $15.50 one.. that I ordered... should be same one as on Kahr's website for $32.95, as the picture is incorrect, as it is adjustible via velcro strap. Since these arent molded kydex, they would have to work for the P series as well.

Attachments

• stylen54.jpg
    stylen54.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 32

Onslaught

Hey, thanks for the tip! I like DeSantis stuff... It's not THE best ever, but it's darned good, and much less expensive.

38Mike - Yep, I did get a kick out of those rules!

I got the Shirt Tucker TCH, came in the mail yesterday... I of course ran straight home and put it on with what I was already wearing... Black T-Shirt and Blue jeans, tucked in. I wore my pistol belt all week in anticipation of it's arrival :) I put it in the SOB position, then pulled out that part of my shirt, tucked it over the whole thing, and WOW! I couldn't see it at ALL! Only the black clip on the belt, which isn't that obvious anyway. The T-shirt's an XL, so it's not "oversized" or anything. I usually buy XXL for "carry".

Anyway, I won't take up any more space on Unbeknownst's thread... I'll wear it a week or two, and start a new thread on my experience.

PS - I ordered it FRIDAY via SNAIL-MAIL, and received it Wednesday! :D

unbeknownst

We do indeed offer our entire line of Blade-Tech holsters for the Kahr P-40,
including the UCH holster. If you have any further questions, or would like
to place an order, please contact us at (253) 581-4347. Thank you in advance
for your time and interest in Blade-Tech products.
Sincerely,
Customer Service