Kahr polymer 9mm

rugerfreak

I'm looking for a new compact 9mm----and the only one that has tripped my trigger so far is the Kahr polymer 9mm. I like the Kahr so far for the light weight and it seems like a quality piece.

Any good or bad experience with Kahr?

Likes and dislikes on the features??

Suggestions for something else???
(please no Kel-Tec----those seem like total crap and I would never buy one.)

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

stringj

I've had a Kahr P9 for about three months and really like it. The trigger pull is pretty sweet for a DA. My only complaint is if I fire say 100 rounds in a range session, the gun causes either a cut or a blister on the knuckle of my firing hand thumb. I just carry along other guns to swap out with so I don't shoot it too much. The gun is light-weight and more accurate than I am and is a joy to carry.

Jerry

dinosaur

I had the P9 and sold it. I still have a MK9 Elite.

Just personal preference. I wanted something more compact. The P9 is much lighter but a bit too big for what I wanted.

It has the Elite trigger and was very reliable. Don`t use Wolf for practice ammo as it gummed mine up. It`s not worth the buck you save.

String, you must have bigger hands than mine.:D

TKHover

I've had a P9 for 2 months and have about 400 rounds through it with absolutely no problems or malfunctions. I have a small hand, so the gun fits perfectly and is very comfortable to shoot. I fired 1911's and Beretta M9's in the service, along with S&W 10. Of all of them, I have been most accurate with my Kahr. It's also easy to take down and clean. With the exception of one box of UMC, I have been using just Winchester White Box FMJ from Walmart with no problems. Make sure you get one with the slide release spring mod to fix the problem of the slide not locking back on the last round found in the earlier guns. It should have a screw instead of a plastic tab holding in the little spring. Great gun for CCW. Try it...you'll like it. Highly recommended.
Tom

superfly

Kahr makes a nice gun. Kel-tec makes a nice 200 gun which is as crappy as everyone thinks every other gun is crap. I own both with no problems.

waltherpfive

Have a Kahr K9 and P9, both are great little guns. Carried the K9 for seven years and now the P9 for about six months. No problems with either one.

Harrison

I have owned a P9 for about a year with no problems. The trigger pull may be a bit long for your taste, but it sure is smooth.

HankB

My P9 has made several trips back to the factory for warranty repair. If you search these forums, you'll see that a fairly high percentage of P9's and P40's are "reliability challenged" with things like slide lock problems, triggers not engaging the striker, trigger pivot pins walking out, even a broken frame or two. Kahr DOES seem to try to make good on these, but with varying levels of success. Good company, bad product. I wouldn't recommend a polymer Kahr. (Right now, I'm looking at a Glock 26. not as compact, but more likely to work.)