Kahr PM 9 "covert"?

HighValleyRanch

I know that the K series came out with a covert version (standard k barrel with Mk shorter grip).
But I wasn't aware that the poly P9 version also came in a covert version.
I know that some have modded the p9 to a covert version, but is there an OEM covert model?
I found this on Bud's Guns,
and this link to one on Genetron:
http://www.genitron.com/Handgun/Kahr-Arms/Pistol/P9-Covert/9-mm/Variant-1

I went to Kahr arms and did a search and came up with nothing on P9 covert.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 9.06.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 9.06.56 AM.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 265

HighValleyRanch

But I wonder if all Kahr did was to use the original P frame and cut it off and finish at the bottom. It looks like the K insignia is at the same place as the P version, and the stippling goes all the way down to the bottom.

I've done the same mod on a glock 19 to 26 and looks like it can be done with a p9 to p9 covert.

Mosin44az

I don’t think Kahr cut the frame; they built it that way.

I saw Justin Moon at the NRA convention in Phoenix in 2009 and told him I wished he didn’t cancel the P9 Covert. He just smiled. I guess it didn’t sell enough.

I actually think it’s a better design than the PM9, the longer slide action should be more reliable, yet it was still pocketable.

PSP

The OEM coverts has a label on the box that states it's a covert. If the box just says "P9" then it was owner chopped. Ask about the box label for the authentic factory covert.

Last edited:

wild cat mccane

CW9 with a cut makes a CM9 Covert.

Those did happen when the CW first came.

You could probably google the instructions that I am recalling people were posting. Almost did it myself.