Kahr P9 surprise

jawper

It followed me home . . . and I'm keeping it!!

I really don't know how it happened. I walked into my favorite shop to touch base and see if they had a few things in their case that I had been meaning to look at. I was thinking about acquiring a member of the CZ-75 family (CZ, Witness, etc.) and was hoping they could order me one if need be. I had been looking around and making conversation and was ready to leave as they were ready to close.

Then I noticed the Kahr P9 in the case. I had been very impressed with the feel, fit, and finish (alliterate much?!?) of the Kahrs before but they seemed very heavy for small pistols. Being a polymer kind of guy (two Glocks that I shoot more than everything else put together), however, I thought I'd take a quick look. My, that's a nice matte finish on the slide and . . . wow that is pretty light . . . gee, that grip sure is slim and comfortable . . . cool!! look at how well it points . . . man, that's a SMOOTH trigger . . . and . . . It was that fast. I looked so torn that the store owner let me take it up to the range (I was concerned with the trigger reset distance compared with my Glocks) to put a couple of rounds through it ("I have a firm policy of not letting people fire guns they haven't bought. The thing is, you've bought it - you just haven't admitted it yet."). Putting some FMJ and a couple Hydro-shoks down range was the coup de grasse. They packed it in the hard case with the extra mag. I relinquished my credit card, and we were on the way home together. Guess the CZ will have to wait.

I really thing this is the beginning of something serious. I can't stop ogling the thing or working that smooth trigger.

Any tips for a first time Kahr-er? cleaning? lube? minor smithing? OWB holster (I'm thinking Alessi CQC Snap)? Extra mags (go factory or are there good after market)?

I paid $549 with Trijicons? I almost don't want to ask but how badly did I do?

Any insights appreciated.

------------------
Best,
- Jawper

Jeff OTMG

Sounds like you did pretty good since you got the Trij in that price, but the real test will be what will be the price in a year when the demand has dropped. Ask me then, in the meantime enjoy a fine new toy.

VictorLouis

If you were OTD at that figure, not bad. I just saw them w/o night sights at $449 + tax at an area show. I'm waiting until they get a bit closer to the $400 mark. I know you will be sick to your stomach when you find it to be more accurate than your Glocks! Enjoy! :)