Kahr MK9 vs Sig P238: Recoil

Daekar

Just wondering if anybody had the opportunity to handle and shoot both of these guns. I love my P238, but I noticed today that the dimensions of the Kahr are actually about the same. Still, I'm concerned about availability of pocket holsters for the Kahr and how controllable it is. I found the P3AT, as light as it was, about the maximum I could handle, and I shoot the heavier Sig FAR better. Would the Kahr then be a step backwards? It would be nice to cut my caliber stock down a bit and buy the cheaper 9mm ammo, not to mention the extra power in the pocket, but if it's as snappy as a P3AT or LCP then I will have to dismiss it.

Daekar

Bump?

Maybe I need to be less specific. The Kahr weighs like 2.5-3oz. more than the Sig... how much will this compensate for the higher pressure round, do you think?

Muddflap

I don't mind recoil, but I don't go looking for it either.
I had the 238, and I think it is a very soft shooting gun.
I have a MK9, and it is no problem at all to shoot 100 rounds through it at a time. The weight really helps with the recoil.
The MK9 might only be 3 ozs heavier, but for me, it is a real pocket full. I carry mine in an OWB holster. It conceals easily, and with a good belt you don't even notice you have it.

laytonj1

I have a Kahr PM9 which is 8 oz. lighter (14 oz.) than the MK9 (22 oz.) and recoil is a non issue with it.

Jim

(*_*)

Recoil can be objectively measured but far more useful to the individual will be there own subjective feel of it. Case in point, I found it much harder to shoot my former Glock 29 then my friends S&W 500 magnum, even with rapid fire. I urge you to shoot both guns.

Shadi Khalil

I owned a MK9 years ago and I absolutely loved it. It was not a pocket pistol but instead the perfect IWB pistol. The bit of extra weight made shooting it a very enjoyable experience and it was extremely accurate.

jersey_emt

I've shot a Kahr PM9, which is polymer-framed and much lighter than the MK9. Recoil was a bit snappier than a larger/heavier 9mm, but not uncomfortable in the least bit. I found it to me more pleasant than a Ruger LCP.

rob i

I had an mk9, and now have a p238. The recoil isn't a problem on either, but I will say that the mk9 felt a lot heavier and a lot bigger than the p238. I can easily pocket carry the 238, and never would have thought about that with the mk9.

jreXD9

I've had a PM9, an MK9 and a P238 over the past few years. The PM had a little more snap than the others, but IMO the MK & P238 were very similar. I liked 'em all. The P238 got traded for the PM9, which got traded for the MK9, which got traded for a S&W MP9c.