Kahr MK40

Erik

There's nothing like a major gun show coming into town just before Christmas.

Of course I had to go...

And while I was there, I had to purchase something, right?

So I decided on the Kahr MK40. It's everything I've wanted in a backup/hideout pistol: small and potent.

I also picked up an Ace Case bellyband.

Between the two, I should be good to go just about anywhere, absent metal detectors.

Ah, the joys of the holiday season. :D

Kirk Keller

I've read...

the writeup on the Kahr .40 in a recent gun rag. The author was very complimentary of it. Congratulations and enjoy!

Drundel

I really lilke mine. It would lock open ever so often, I e-mail Kahr and they sent me a part and I bought some stronger Wolff springs and it now works fine. I have shot Cor-Bon 135 through it and its a pleasure even with those loads.

Great conceal gun, congrats.

Hoppy

I can't say enough good things about my K40.

I just had night sights put on. What a great pistol.

I'd really like to add an MK40 to my collection as well.

riddleofsteel

Over all, I have been carrying a concealed firearm for close to two decades. During that time I have owned, shot and carried pistols as small as a Freedom Arms .22 and as large as a Ruger Blackhawk in .45 Colt.
I spent most of that time with pistols the size of the S&W 4006 or the P229 Sig in strong side belt holsters. However, I have carried in about every rig from ankle holster to shoulder holster. I learned that with the proper garments and carry rig you can conceal almost any pistol or revolver.
About 8 years ago I purchased an A75 Astra in .40 S&W and learned to enjoy packing a more compact size weapon. Three years ago I upgraded the chrome plated Astra to a K40 Kahr with night sights and wood grips. Still I felt that I needed a concealing garmet to really hide from an educated eye. I was already in love with the K40 when I saw a slightly used MK40 Kahr with night sights in a dealers showcase.
I had been tinkering with an AMT DAO Backup in .400 Corbon. The AMT Backup carried like a dream in a pocket holster or an IWB holster with an untucked T-shirt or polo shirt. It had plenty of punch but my trigger finger was starting to get muscles!! I knew I was ready for a more compact pistol about the size of the Backup but without its horrible trigger. The MK40 filled all of my needs.
It is a true sub compact pistol, stainless steel, night sights, fantastic trigger and an accuracy level equal to some of my best full size weapons. I have been packing an MK40 with night sights now for several years and its true love. I know it sounds crazy but the only thing keeping me from buying an extra one to stash away is the feeling that an MP40 may be on the horizon someday.

ROSPR.jpg