Kahr MK40 trigger vs MK Elite

gac009

I am considering getting a MK40 for CC. The size is just so damn perfect, and its a .40sw. The only thing is I cant seem to locate a MK40 Elite to hold in my hands so what need you guys to tell me is

What is the difference in the MK40 and the MK40 Elite as far as the trigger is conserned.

Also, how much do the beveled edges make a difference? Is it very noticable?

Last edited:

elwaine

At one time I owned both a PM9 and a K9. The K9 had a londer trigger pull than the PM9... similar (if I can remember correctly) between the difference in pull length between Elite models and the MK40. In anycase, the longer trigger pull (another "safety" feature) was a PITA. I sent it back to Kahr and they shortened the pull. That said, even the shorter pull on both of those fine guns was too long for me - reduced my accuracy too much, and so I sold the K9. So far I still have the PM9 because it is so small and so reliable that I can't bring myself to part with it - yet.

I'm not sure if what you mean by "beveled edges" is a radiused trigger (which has a uniform, semi-lunar surface). A radiused trigger on a double action gun is really sweet.

Paladin7

The MK40 is a great choice. The Elite has a faster trigger reset...If I had to do it again I would get the Elite.

A few other things...
- Field strip and inspect it before you buy; sometimes Kahr quality can be a little off.
- The MK40 will bang up brass pretty good, so if you reload...some food for thought
- I find the Hogue checkered wood grips make the gun much more comfortable to shoot
- I like the Wolff replacement recoil spring set up for this weapon, found the original to be too lightly sprung

Let us know what how it turns out...

elwaine

The MK40 is a great choice. The Elite has a faster trigger reset...If I had to do it again I would get the Elite.
The MK40 can be ordered with the Elite trigger. I suggest you email Kahr to confirm that, if interested. (They are often difficut to reach by phone but do answer emails promptly.)

don527

I believe all Kahrs have the Elite triggers as far as functon.
The Elite models triggers have a visual difference where the triggers are polished compared to the others.
The only other trigger available are the models with NYPD triggers.

Love my MK9 Elite

don