Kahr magazine problem

epic4444

I have a new CW9...it came the factory mag and i got another kahr magazine for it...both are the 7 rounds....i have to really slam the magazine to get it to lock into place...and keep in mind these magazines are empty
...is this normal or is this bad for the gun?

Warhammer

Kahr mags do generally seat "with authority," even when empty. They will break in more with use. The mags for my K40 (purchased in 1997), both 6- and 7-rounders, have always required pretty firm pressure to lock them into place, but I've never felt that I had to "slam" them home. You might want to go to a gun shop and compare what another Kahr feels like when you seat the mags.

smoke63b

Not sure if it has anything to do with it but I have a Kahr CW9 as well. My mags are fairly stiff as well and you have to really give it a solid push. It might have something to do with the way these mags have that little detent that makes it where when empty, it's MUCH harder to release the slide with the slide release. Maybe that little detent is a bit stiff?

Dfariswheel

Many small guns magazines are under a lot of spring tension and may need a solid push to seat with the slide closed.
DO NOT "hammer or slam" the magazine into place, just PUSH hard until you feel and hear the "snap" as it locks in place.

epic4444

ya i literally have the slam it to get them to go in while empty...but loaded up they seat easily...weird

djohn

I have the CW45, empty or loaded only needs a firm push up with my thumb to lock in place.If you have to slam it then there is a problem and you should call Kahr cutomer service.You may have a bad mag catch/release.

If you take the magazine out and look inside the butt there is a spring that sits in the release and If you have dental pick you can lift that spring out of the catch/release and push it out for inspection of burrs or any other abnormalities.

Suwannee Tim

I have a P9 that the magazine seats easily in this is the most used gun, a K9 that takes a bit of a bump and a P40 that takes a pretty good bump, none of which I would consider excessive.

arthurcw

My MK9 mags need some encouragement to seat properly, but nothing untoward.

Nowhere NEAR as stiff as the Kel-Tec PF-9. But not butter like a Glock. At least when the Kahr wears in, it doesn't decide to go into battery on its own.

chris in va

If the slide is forward and the full mag goes in, it'll take a little firm pressure to lock in. Slide back and full mag, zero pressure except to get past the mag release.

Are you trying to shove a loaded mag on a closed slide? Kahr doesn't recommend that per the instructions. You need to drop the slide using the slide release.

LukeA

epic4444 said:
ya i literally have the slam it to get them to go in while empty...but loaded up they seat easily...weird
That's the mag engaging the slide release. The empty mag triggers the slide release such that it's very difficult to close the slide on an empty chamber/mag.

yongxingfreesty

on my mk9, the 6th rounds is tilted up and not parallel to the other rounds.

This is how I load up. put 5 in the mag, drop the slide, put 2 more in the mag and slap it in.

the mk9 is hard to manually cycle, is this normal?