Kahr KP4543: .45ACP Any Reviews? Owners?

Gary H

This gun has been shipping for a couple of months, but I haven't seen any reviews. Anyone have a URL to a review, or better yet, anyone own one?

Ultima-Ratio

Hmmmm?

We were at the range yesterday tuning up for a little IDPA and IPSC and the very same question was asked!!:cool:
One of the regulars pawed one from his cargo pocketed BDU shorts and asked "got ammo?"
I dug a couple boxes of Blazer .45acp from the bottom of one of our range bags and eagerly started loading magazines.
One gent mentioned he'd heard that the little .45 had a punishment level near one of Smiths lightweight .357 J frames as I was presenting the now loaded (6+1) lil thumper at a target 15yds down range; I tighted my grip in anticipation and started the long Kahr trigger squeeze aware of five sets of expectant eyes behind me.
Hmm nice soft about five pound loooong trigger pull BANG, dead center windage and two inches low elevation, owner now mentions that this one just doesn't like to group so I'm paying special attention to the front site because I love to out shoot folks with their guns! BANG,:cool: the first bullet hole is now half a diameter larger Yep! Fired the other four and just helped the cloverleaf grow a bit..
Anyhoo, we all took turns burning a hundred through the lil .45 from Korea and tho we all wanted to hate the Moonie gun three have decided to buy one!
The recoil impulse is distinctly less than the baby gutter sighted Kimber 3" as well as the Commander sized Scandium S&W W/rail!
Caution- the forward plastic frame rails do shed tiny slivers and a session with a specially sized stone is in the future tho this gun IMO ain't yer 1K a weekend sorta pistol but I will carry one!:)

fastbolt

I have no doubt we'll be hearing more about this latest venture of the company.

Being of a slightly pessimistic inclination ... cautiously optimistic, as I prefer to think of it ... I always wait at least a year before trying anyone's new handgun. No exceptions ... much as I might otherwise desire.

I dislike being part of the inevitable Beta-testing process ... ;)

It would be interesting to see if Kahr can get this diminutive .45 ACP up and running right out of the gate. Notwithstanding some of their previous efforts requiring some fine tuning (a trait they share with some of the bigger manufacturers, to be fair), making a consistently reliable .45 ACP pistols has stymied and caused some vexation among even some of the larger, longer established firearms manufacturers.

Time will tell.

I've already had one of the shooter-types at work ask me if I've had any experience with this new .45 ... :confused: (like Kahr sends me advanced demo models ;) ) ... as he likes his K40 and would be interested in a .45 ACP version. I told him I was going to wait a year before considering looking at one with even cursory interest, but that he was more than welcome to buy one of the early production models and tell me how it worked out for him. :p

slabsides

Member In Memoriam
It's been a while, but I got early review models of the K9, E9 and K40. Bought all three of them, and they have been excellent shooters. The .40 needed a simple chamber adjustment to permit easy extraction of loaded rounds, and the E9 had a poorly attached front sight. Kahr addressed both problems to our complete satisfaction. The .40 lives with a Maine bear guide, the E was resold to an enthusiast, and the K9 is my carry auto. They were all steel.
This new .45 is plastic framed? Not interested.

ShelbyV8

I read the write up in American Rifleman and thought they were describing my Turaus PT145 Mil Pro. The only problem was, it held 4 fewer rounds and cost twice as much. My PT145 has never malfunctioned and it has a metal subframe.