Kahr K9 w/Elite 98 Trigger - Buy or Not

stmcelroy

I have decided to concentrate on one caliber. Since 9mm ammo is reasonably priced and I have a MK9 already, I am going to sell my Ruger P90DC .45ACP and get another bigger 9mm.

What I have found is a Kahr K9 w/Elite 98 trigger setup. Very nice condition, with box, manual and two magazine. Should be able to buy for $375 plus tax.

This gun will be used by both myself and my wife. I always buy the best defensive ammo available for the gun it is intended for, so stopping power isn't a big factor (being able to practice without going broke is).

What do you think, will this make a nice pair of guns, for range and CCW/HD (of course Remington 870 HD is my primary)?

Or, should I wait and buy something with hi-caps, like a Beretta or Ruger?

So, should I buy or should I pass?

Thanks,
Steve

croyance

Very good price. The Elite has a better trigger than the K9. Also, your practive will now be with only one trigger type.
I'd get it. I also like to get the smooth wood grips that Kahr has availible on their website. It won't snag like rubber grips, and fills my hand better. If the MK9 is your primary carry gun, I'd look into those for the Elite K9

Sundance

I have both the K9 and the MK9 both in Elite 98 format. I love them both. The K9 is my wife's purse gun, and the MK9 is my ankle gun. I highly recommend the Kahrs. I am especially fond of the Elite 98 trigger. While the MK9 is more concealable, the K9 is definitely more shootable. If you like your MK9, you will absolutely love a K9 Elite 98. I say buy it, and the price is quite reasonable.

Johnny Quest

I have a Kahr MK9 and its a great gun. But, if you are going for a bigger gun, there are better guns (IMO) out there.

Try:

Springfield or STI 1911 in 9mm
SIG P226, P229, P239 or P225

JQ

stmcelroy

JQ,

Thanks for the advice. But I don't think I could buy any of the guns you suggested for less than $500, let alone $400.

I really would like a Sig 228/229 one of these days.

I'll probably buy the Kahr K9, and then start saving for a Sig.

Steve

DPSproles

BUY IT!

Great price for the K9 with Elite set up. I bought a MIB K9 Elite98 this past weekend at a gun show for my used KelTec P11 and $225...I was quite pleased.

The Elite is nice (as you know) and the gun fits my hand about as well as any gun I have personally ever handled. Everyone is different, but that's what makes this fun.

Good luck and enjoy!

David

Eric Larsen

I would jump on it...great price. As far as "better" guns go, for Kahrs design and intent as a CCW/Defensive gun, I would say there are guns as good but not really any better.
Shoot well