Kahr K9 Range report

dean1818

After spending a great deal of time, I finally settled on a Kahr K-9 for my IWB, CCW

I was leaning toward a CW9, but I found a LNIB on Gunbroker for only $450 with night sights, that I couldnt pass on. It doesnt have a scratch on it, and quite honestly worried that I bought someone else's lemon.

DSCN1310-1.jpg

DSCN1309.jpg

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz127/dean1818/DSCN1311.jpg

Well after my range trip....and 80ish rounds.......no FTE....... No FTF...

I am extremely happy with the purchase

Comments:

1) I need some more "trigger time" to get used to the long Kahr trigger. Its very smooth, but you can tell from the pictures, I was "pushing" the gun.

It was better by the end.

2) Recoil is VERY tame

3) Feel of the gun is awesome, and I enjoy the full grip. The "heft" was also good as I like an all steel gun. With the Crossbreed holster that I reformed the kydex to match the Kahr, I forgot that I was even carrying.

As an added note, I couldnt believe how easy it was to reform Kydex. 2 minutes in the oven at 350 is PERFECT. Just wear gloves to reform around the pistol. Put your pistol in the holster to be reformed after the 2 mins.
(I am sure some folks have put their pistol in the oven as well.....LOL)

The gloves ARE needed.

4) The handle fits perfect in my hand, and though I may buy some nice wood grips at some point, the rubber grips are very comfortable.

5) The "Thin" IS better, escpecially for IWB, CCW. This pistol at just .9 inch, fits in very nicely. My past CCW was 1.45, which is a bit too chubby.

All in All........ this is a great gun, that doesnt get mentioned as much.

Thanks for reading

Last edited:

chris in va

That's a heck of a deal. New 'elites' go for around $650. I have the 'special edition' version with blackened carbon steel slide and stainless frame that cost me about $500. It's my EDC during the warmer months, using a Clipdraw.

When you get used to the trigger, you'll find it's more accurate than expected. Think of it as a shorter, lighter revolver pull. Travel is only 3/8".

You may find the edges around the grip and trigger guard are a bit sharp. Some really fine sandpaper will work to round those off a bit.

JH

I have total confidence in my K9. It was Kahr's first model and may be the best model Kahr makes. Glad you're enjoying your new acquisition.

PSP

The K9, a great gun and it will only get better as you become more familiar with the trigger. Enjoy your new pistol.

saltydog452

One of the neat thing about the Kahr K-P 9, is there isn't much that can, or should, be, messed with.

If you just gotta do something, tritium sights and spare mags would help.

Its good stuff.

salty

vyse.04

To me, the K9 is the perfect CC handgun. I'm hoping Illinois gets a bill passed to allow CC before I leave in almost two years, but we'll see. I bought my K9 (blackend slide) used as well, and it has performed flawlessly. Smooth trigger, and a very slim package. I also think the grip size is perfect, as it allows me to get a full grip. The frame also does a good job of reducing the recoil... What more could you ask for?

dajowi

I had a K-9 which was really nice to shoot. It was very accurate and never had a malfunction. It had about the nicest DA trigger anyone would want.

dean1818

I find it interesting that people are bypassing this great little gun

(And maybe for some the past (8-10 years ago) problems

For me it just fits the niche that other guns didnt