Kahr CW45 Sight Picture

2edgesword

Can someone explain the proper sight picture when aiming a Kahr CW45 with a bar and dot sight? Is it the dot resting on the bar with the dot over the desired point of impact?

PSP

It was posted on KahrTalk, by a forum member who claimed the info was from Kahr CS, that the guns are;
* sighted in at 15 yards
* point of impact rests on the dot
* the dot rest on the post

This is the best graphic I can find that demonstrates a good hold.
sightpicture.jpg

borrowed from photobucket

Last edited:

JCP281

you will hear a lot of people say, "dot the i", but this is in fact incorrect, as most people put the dot well above the lower character.

You want the bottom of the dot right in the bar basically, but not overlapping. This is my favorite type of sight, I shoot much better with it than the 3 dot.

KyJim

Interesting that Kahr uses a six o'clock hold. A lot of the modern self-defense handguns use a point of aim/impact hold.

2edgesword

you will hear a lot of people say, "dot the i", but this is in fact incorrect, as most people put the dot well above the lower character.

You want the bottom of the dot right in the bar basically, but not overlapping. This is my favorite type of sight, I shoot much better with it than the 3 dot.

Thanks folks. The above is exactly what I was doing wrong (dot over bar) and wondering why the point of impact was lower then my point of aim.