Kahr CW40 and Ruger LCP range report

wstein

Finally got a chance to take my two new toys to the range today.

Ruger LCP

It is pretty nice little gun. It does kick like a mule. I was shooting low and left with it at 7 yards. I know that it was me, squeezing and jerking the trigger. I did also have 3 FTF's out of 45 rounds. I would squeeze the trigger and the hammer would fall, but nothing. Rack the slide and eject the round, the primer is dented, reload it and squeeze, it would go bang. trying to figure if it was me limp wristing the recoil and the slide couldn't reseat properly or if it was something else.

All told, the LCP is a nice gun, I need more range time with it to make sure the FTF's aren't a problem with the gun or is just me. It is a great little gun, fits in my pocket easily, which is great here in Florida.

Kahr CW40

I really enjoyed shooting this gun. At 9 yards I was putting 4 of 5 in the black rapid fire. The first shot from each magazine was center and left, the reast in the black. It had a bit of a kick to it. It sits nicely in the little IWB holster I got for it off ebay. I am really pleased with it. The only problem that came up was when the recoil rod started pushing down through the recoil spring and ended up sticking 3 in out in front of the gun after about 40 rounds. That was due to my reassembling the recoil spring and rod backwards. I know stupid me.

Overall, they are both good guns, the Kahr is more fun to shoot. I just need to get some more range time on both guns to make sure everything works as it suppose to.