Kahr CW 45

OneFreeTexan

Just got one, barely broke in,,,,And this is one of the sweetest guns I own..The trigger seems very sensitive and light,,,accuracy, with a fiber optic, is better than I am..And I’m not sure how they’ve made the recoil so manageable.

HighValleyRanch

Did you know that you can use standard 1911 magazines it it?
I use a MecGar 6 round Officers magazine and it fit perfectly flush to the base of the grip.
You will need to remove a little on the frontstrp so that the lip can clear, though. Maybe about 1/16" of material. It does not lock up on empty, but it is so flush, it is worth it.

Also see if you have any problems ejecting live rounds from the chamber. The clearance on the barrel hood and ejection port are so tight that they are notorious for catch the round diagnolly betweet the extractor and barrel hood. If you drop the mag first, this may not happen as much because with a loader mag, it's going to push the unfired rount right into that jam. Polishing the corners of the hood can help this problem.

The cartridge overall length is critical on these. Too long and you will get jams and light strikes. I keep mine to 1.22+- OAL.

Yes, they are great pistols!

fisherman66

I have a TP45 and CT9 and I agree. They are fine pistols and underrated in general. The cam action on the trigger is buttery smooth and the offset feedramp makes the recoil more straight back instead of upward. The single stack grip feels great, I don’t mind the aggressive grip texture. I’m Itching for a T9. Bid on one this week, but I’m not the only one coveting the all steel Kahrs. I’ve found 1911 mags to be hit and miss, even after notching them. They generally feed well, but last round hold back is random. I even replaced the mag follower hoping that would help. Not much in finding a consistent solution. They are fine at the range, but I’d never use them for SD. I removed some material from the front of the mag well to accommodate flush fit commander size 1911 mags, but I just don’t trust them yet.

HighValleyRanch

Ahh, but today I'm carrying the Kahr p45 with the MecGar 7 round magazine. Gives me 7 + ! for eight rounds of .45 acp!
Surprisingly, the 7 round MecGar mag is only a smidgen longer than the original Kahr 6 round magazine with the gap and plastic base plate. And for some strange reason, the 7 rounder locks open on empty almost every time.
Here it is with the 7 rounder. I like that the MecGar mag is all black, so blends in nicely with the all black Kahr.
attachment.php

Attachments

• P1010522.JPG
    P1010522.JPG
    375.9 KB · Views: 116