Kahr Arms move

Hunter Customs

Kahr® Firearms Group Plans Major Expansion in Pennsylvania

Pearl River, NY – Kahr Firearms Group is engaged in discussions with a development group representing Blooming Grove Township of Pike County Pennsylvania, to open a new manufacturing site and relocate the Kahr corporate office from New York to Pennsylvania. Kahr’s corporate offices are currently located in Rockland County in Pearl River, New York.

Kahr's plans include the purchase of 620 acres of commercial real estate from the Pike County Industrial Park Development Group/Business Development Corporation. The first step in the multi-phased plan will begin with site preparation and office construction as early as late this year. This will be followed by the relocation of company corporate offices and the research and development department. In the second phase, manufacturing operations will be expanded to the Pike County location to meet the increasing demand for its Kahr Arms, Thompson, Auto-Ordnance, and Magnum Research product lines.

The Kahr Group of manufacturing plants, operating at full capacity, will continue production in their current locations in Worcester, MA and Pillager, MN.

“We are grateful for the warm welcome and the business opportunity extended by the Pike County Industrial Park Development Group/Business Development Corporation to expand our company and relocate its headquarters office,” stated VP of Sales and Marketing, Frank Harris. “The Pennsylvania group has demonstrated tremendous support of our operations and Kahr looks to move forward with the project without delay. It's good for our business and also for other businesses in the area as we build a long-term mutually beneficial relationship with the community. We anticipate generating significant numbers of revenue and jobs for the local Northeastern Pennsylvania economy with the construction of facilities, expansion of manufacturing, and need for local vendors.”

I just received this in an e-mail from Kahr Arms.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

I hope this will eventually result in their leaving Massachusetts entirely. I don't think firearms manufacturers should in any way feed the governments of states that have no respect for the 2nd Amendment.

I wish Colt would leave Connecticut, too, but I'm not at all of the opinion that's possible from any practical perspective.

Famas

I am personally boycotting all firearm manufacturers and makers of firearm accessories who do not leave Conn., Mass., and NY. I have been saving for a Colt AR match rifle that I've been seriously looking at recently.....I'll may have to look at something else, perhaps a DPMS. I am VERY pro-RKBA, and will NOT spend my money on any company that resides in a state with anti-2nd Ad. legislation. This is proudly coming from a foreigner legally residing in the US under permanent resident status.

Any word on Remington or Kimber?

Dfariswheel

Yep, boycott the gun makers and help put them out of business. That'll really stick it to the anti-gun states.

Most gun companies don't have vast amounts of money they can spend.
In order to move operations you have two choices.

1.Build an entirely new factory somewhere else, then shut down operations for however many months it takes to move all equipment to the new building.
Meantime, you're not only not making any money, you're loosing money from lack of sales, and you lose many of your experienced workers because they won't move.

2. Build an entirely new factory and spend vast amounts of money buying all new equipment while you keep the old factory running. Many of the old workers won't move, so you spend even more money hiring and training new workers, who take months to years to get up to speed.
You spend even more money and time getting the all new equipment up, adjusted and running.

In either case your production and quality drops, and your customers complain about substandard quality.

Either option can be done IF you have millions of dollars to spare.

Last edited:
Good on them!

I'm glad to see law abiding citizens spending their hard earned money since the day they opened their doors in order to ultimately fund expansion to another state.

Bart Noir

620 acres of land?

Apparently Kahr plans a new line of 60mm mortars :p

Or at least a serious outdoor rifle & pistol range on their facility.

Bart Noir

Bart Noir said:
620 acres of land?
Or they are looking ahead to a large, consolidated facility.

If the first rule of real estate is "The three most important factors are location, location and location," the second rule of real estate is, "If you like the view ... buy it."