K31s + matching bayonet from AIM Surplus

Technosavant

I saw on Thursday that AIM had come into a shipment of K31 bayonets, some of which had the matching rifle (the bayonets are numbered to the rifle, and as far as I knew were rare as hen's teeth since they were often kept). I had a nice walnut K31 and no bayonet, so I went ahead and ordered a bayonet, thinking that it wouldn't be the RIGHT one, but it would at least be one.

Then a couple hours later I figured I might as well order a complete matching rifle/bayonet combo. By this time the walnut ones were sold out, so I ordered a beech model (didn't have a beech). It arrived yesterday.

Numbers all match, metal finish looks fine, bore and rifling look good (still need to clean it up), the wood is not too awful (let's face it, the K31 stocks are generally in mediocre shape at best), and the bayonets (both the one matching the beech rifle and the other I ordered) are in great shape. AIM also has a few accessory kits and slings, as well as not an awful price on GP11 (I bought a full case of it 4 years ago at half the current price, but that was then... ordered another case).

When I get the rifle cleaned up I'll check and see if there's a soldier tag.

If you are into the Swiss rifles, you may want to jump on this one if you want the "complete" setup with a numbers matching bayonets. No telling if any more will show up

The Great Mahoo

Thanks for posting!

My C&R license should be in within the next 2 weeks (or hopefully less), so I'll have to set some cash aside for one of these...

Technosavant

I got mine all cleaned up last night. Boy, it was gunky- lots of grease, more so than my other K31. It does indeed have a soldier tag.

And has anybody else noticed that the beech stocks just don't seem to clean as well as the walnut ones?