K & D Holsters

CraigJS

I have a Cochise Defender that I use with my CZ PCR. While I've never used it as an OWB (I have an Eagle Defender for that), I think that it's a great holster, carries my gun well and is as comfortable as ANY IWB I could find. Great workmanship, great design, and Kevins a great guy to work with..
If I need another holster, K&D is where I'll buy from.
Be safe.

RevolverLover

I have one of Ken's Eagle Defenders and it is an excellent holster. Ken was great to work with and his turn around time was great. I'm not sure what his turn around time is at the moment but his work is worth it.

davlandrum

Great to hear guys!

Craig, how hard would it be to switch the clips around to go from IWB to OWB? I am running on a pretty tight budget right now so am trying to keep it to one quality holster right now.

I do not currently have my CCW (yet) so technically don't need the IWB, but would wear it OWB for side-arm while hunting. I will wear it IWB when I get legal to do so.

hodaka

I carry my HKP7 in an Eagle Defender. Works great. Good price. Took about 5 weeks to arrive about this time last year.

Let's put it this way...

I asked for a miracle for three holsters and two belts to be made in time for a handgun course. It was delivered the week before the course training which was two days before promised. It was a horrindous deadline and Kevin fell violently ill during the lead time. They STILL pulled it off and the quality is top notch. The price is less than what you would pay for a midgrade holster and you receive the best quality IMHO.

CraigJS

To switch the clips around is a very simple matter, two screws and switching the clips. BUT, switching the clips sort of defeats the shape of the holster somewhat.. It's hard to put into words what I'm talking about. (sorry no camera) What about getting a cheap OWB for hunting ? Uncle Mikes or another brand. Call or write Kevin and ask him these questions, he WON'T feed you any BS.
Be safe.

davlandrum

Thanks again, all! Looks like they will be getting my business.

I have a Uncle Mike's generic that I currently use for hunting - and yes, it does work, but I lose "style points" in hunting camp :p

maqueswell

Davlandrum:

Here is my Ruger P345 in it's Cochise defender holster. Excellent quality! It's over a year old. You will enjoy your purchase. Mad Max

RugerP345Concealed_small.jpg

Pappy John

I bought one of Kevin's Dakota Defenders for my G26 last winter. I like it so much I ordered another for a 3913LS. It should be here directly. He makes really good stuff.

CraigJS

You may lose style points in camp, but you won't break your holster or lose your pistol in the woods..
Be safe.

Blargh_Sig

Hi,
I just ordered a K&D Cochise Defender for my Sig P229R (based on the positive comments here and elsewhere) and was curious about belt sizing for it. I'm probably going to have to wait until it arrives to size a belt properly, but would adding two inches to the measured size of my normal belt be about right? As per measurement instructions, my current belt is 37" and was thinking that I should be looking at a 39" size for IWB carry with a P229. Belt I'm looking at is the Wilderness Ring Belt (1.5", 5 stitch).