Justified-TV series

C7AR15

Waylon Givens carries a gun. What is it ?

Enough about guns- I love this show!! The characters and the writing are
are just exellent.

What are Elmore Leonards best books ?

I am finishing off season 3 and I can't get enough of this style of writing.
Any suggestions ????

Thanks JD

ClydeFrog

off topic...

If you want to talk TV, try here; www.ScriptSales.com .

If you don't want to discuss firearms, then don't go on a firearms forum.

CF
PS; I don't watch the FX series often but I think the dep US marshal packs a Glock 17 9x19mn or maybe a 22 .40S&W. The Glock 22 .40 is regular issue in the USMS.

thedudeabides

Raylan carried a G21 first season, G17 season 2 and 3.

(sorry, 0 and 1 too close together on keypad).

Last edited:

Ben Towe

It's Raylan, and he was also seen with a 1911 sometimes in the first season. It's one of my favorite shows.

Clyde, we're on topic as long as we discuss the guns.

kenny87ky

In one episode he tells the judge he carries a "glock 45" meaning G21, however in scenes where you can see the barrel of the gun it clearly looks like a 9, in one of the season promo commercials he is reenacting a dirty harry scene and asked the guy "did he fire 16 shots or 17" so he apparently has a glock 17.

US Marshalls are one of the rare federal agencies that are allowed to carry anything they qualify with. However, standard issue is Glock and Sig Sauer. Model choices is given to the officer.

"Clyde, we're on topic as long as we discuss the guns."

Yep. Stick with firearms discussions.

Start discussing characters, plots, actors, etc., and that's off topic and the thread will be closed.

C7AR15

any gun they qualify....

Clyde- I am back on track, I will not mention that TV show "Ju____".

So the Marshalls can carry any gun they qualift with!!

I'm sure there is a list of approved guns and calibres
for them to choose from.

Hmm, I wonder what Professional LEOs would choose when given the opportunity???

Does anybody know what most of the Marshalls choose ???

44 AMP

Staff
Love the show. What does Raylan carry? He is asked that in one episode, and his answer was "it will cost you to find out!" Go watch it, its worth it.

Most of the time, it is a Glock of some flavor, two of them, usually, one compact as a back up.

Most of the gunplay is pretty realistic, and there are some nice guns in different character's hands, besides the Glocks, there are some 1911s, some Revolvers, rifles and shotguns...

There was one scene where Raylan had to shoot through a body on top of him to stop someone else from shooting him! Consider that when the next discussion about "overpenetration" comes up!:D

ClydeFrog

Glocks, SOG/USMS....

As posted, this topic should be about firearms & the sidearms on FX's popular series: Justified.
As many film-tv industry & firearms insiders know, the 9mm/9x19mm is used more often to work with blanks. More shows & production companies use CGI/SFX for gun scenes now over blank firing weapons.
I'd heard from a few sources that the USMS(US Marshals Service, www.usmarshals.gov ) uses the Glock 22 .40S&W & the 27 .40 as a BUG(back up).
A Glock gun press item I read a few years back stated the sworn Dep US Marshals & criminal investigators use many Glock models(17/22/23/21).
This includes the elite SOG or Spec Ops Group, the SWAT unit of the US Marshals Service.

Clyde