Just wanted to say thanks

Rolkin

This is the frist place where people don't look at me weird for wanting to buy a gun. You tell someone that your thinking of getting like a Walther P99. After they find out what a P99 is ;) they usally give you that Oh so you have an arcenal in your basement with crates of ammo and explosives where you prepare for the next War kinda look.

I don't think they understand that shooting is a sport and a hobby...just because your getting a gun doesn't mean you have someone you want to kill. Anyway I just wanted to say thanks for being here.

agjrc02

Rolkin,

I know how you feel, these guys here are friends who'll tell it straight to me because that's what i need to hear. They always offer advice and counsell. I couldn't ask for a better place to ask questions or meet new people. Just my opinion, but it's shared by a lot.

Regards,

agjrc02

Member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of '03!!

Jetfire

Same here. I only have one friend that lives in my area who is decidedly firearms-friendly. Many of my other friends are either anti-gun or don't know or care to know anything about guns. In general, my area is very unfriendly towards guns. I usually drive to another state just to shoot.

yorec

they usally give you that Oh so you have an arcenal in your basement with crates of ammo and explosives where you prepare for the next War kinda look.

Naw, that's just for my next trip to the practice range! :p

Ya gotta take those sorts with enough salt to pickle them with. (Comes in handy for rubbing in wounds too)

coonan357

feel lucky you don't live here in Sh**cago , the very mention of the word , and you are a outlaw , I was talking to a guy at work about reloading ammo one day and the next thing I know my coworkers are thinking I might start a war , go figure .. well have fun withyour 99

adept

coach, they aren't all green, mind is "deadly assualt weapon black"

and it's PLASTIC not rubber *Grin*

Adept

Rolkin

Wow I didn't know it was made of Plastic, all the stuff I've looked up on the gun just says it was made for law enforcement and homedefense and they wanted it to be lighter and cheaper than the P88? But also that it's a very reliable and accurate gun... So would a Sig P226 be less of a "green rubber pistol" ? besides I didn't wanta get the green one :p

*edit*

Congrats on your 8000 posts there Sam :D

kindlyoldcoach

Quote: So would a Sig P226 be less of a "green rubber pistol" ?

Yes. SIGs are made of scraps scavenged from roofing nail plating operations. There is virtually no rubber in them. Plus, they age to a variety of chalky whites and deep, scabrous oranges.

By the way, I have a P-220 for sale on this site...

'coach

spleenandideal

Rolkin~

If you want to sit on a couple of crates of ammo in my basement surrounded by an arsenal and talk about the coming war whilst drooling over the smell of gunpowder, you're more than welcome! ;)

RAY WOODROW 3RD

You found it!

Welcome to the best site on earth:D! You will also get around to crating ammo and starting an arsenal yourself;). Did you dig out a fallout shelter in the back yard yet:rolleyes:?

Your mission, if you chose to except it, is to convert one person a month over to our side through good debate and getting that plastic pistol in the hands of the anti's. Once they get to shoot, 9 times out of 10, the battle is won for our side:)(considered the dark side). This message will self destruct in 5 seconds!

Rolkin

so the Glock and the P99 have a polymer casing with metal barrel and slide? What other guns are "plastic"? I did a search for polymer weapons and the glock was the only common one that came up.

ENC

Polymer guns

Non-1911

S&W Sigma I think is polymer
SW99
Sig PRO
HK USP series
HK VPO7Z (The first polymer gun)
Kel tec
Steyr
Kahr
Springfield
Ruger
Beretta 9000S

Not to mention all of the 1911 variants made in polymer from various companies such as
Springfield
Para
Kimber
STI
Wilson

Okay which ones did I miss?

Rolkin

Ahh I didn't know that there were that many. Interesting. That makes me feel better about getting a polymer gun :)

The USP series is polymer? That suprises me.

Mike11b

Hands down...this is the best place for info and regular old GP BS'ing.....anyone else noticed that there's been a bunch of love in TFL since the site went down.......a serious lack of flamin' going on.

braeske

I really like this site and have received a lot of good information here -- someone is always willing to jump in and help you out, especially with newbie questions. There's a lot of good manners and reasoned discussion. It's a far cry from the board I started on when I took up shooting again about six months ago (which shall remain nameless). Unfortunately it was populated with bullies who were obsessed with the idea that "trolls" were lurking everywhere. Pretty dismal stuff.