Just rented "Lord of War"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Callahan

While it was entertaining I couldn't help but think the movie was too much like "Blow". Like many others I didn't think it focused enough on the arms.

bclark1

not sure if this is handgun forum, not to be nitpicky...

i enjoyed the movie. i felt this movie brought social and political undertones to the table in a much more entertaining way than others have in the past. it was exciting, fun at times, came together pretty well, but still exposed a lot of the problems still facing the international community. while i support a lot of the "secretly endorsed" clandestine backing given to some bad people the world across as a necessary evil, i have sympathy for the innocents caught in the middle. besides being a gun-nut's christmas, this movie presented some of those tough international issues without overdramatizing the backstories and jamming some whiney, one-sided opinion down the viewer's throat.

cheddar

+1 to bclark!

I thought it was a nice balance of arms dealing with all the mushy crap!
Actualy I didnt think it would be so real...brought some issues to the table that you wont see in other movies for sure!

Chaingunner

Man, I love that movie. I bought it in Hong Kong without having seen it first and I was pleasantly surprised. I like how it doesn't really glamorize a criminal lifestyle; it just shows "yeah, this is my job...it kinda sucks. But I like it."

FISHNFRANK

Which model .357 did he use?

Just curious

It's been a while since I've seen the movie - what was the model .357 that was featured in a few scenes in that movie? Was it a Taurus?

Frank

Eghad

I have the movie on my DVR and watched it. Was ok...

The spot at the end that said the the 5 biggest arms dealing nations in the world were also permanent members of the UN Security Council :eek:

the institution charged with keeping the peace...lol

HangFire83

I thought is was a good movie. I really like the "bullet cam" that showed the bullet being stamped and shipped and eventually fired. The end of that scene was a bit morbid though. I also thought it was funny when Interpol shot his plane down and he had to get rid of the evidence by giving it away to the local. Why doesn't that happen in my neck of the woods?

VictorLouis

The revolver wielded by the President of Liberia was a 686.

I liked the movie, also. The opening view of the 'life of a cartridge' was pretty well-done.

carbiner

I found it depressing, Im sure the antis loved the message. Just more anti-gun political activism from Hollywood.

As usual the left coast relates guns to morbid death, depression, and oppression.

I thought it was a pretty good movie. Also liked the begining of the movie. Boy, its spooky how much stuff was sold on the black market after the fall of the Soviet Union.

Status
Not open for further replies.