Just put my first 30-30 on layaway!

Wayward_Son

Found a great-looking Marlin 336C in a local gunshop. Nice wood, no blemishes on the steel. Pricetag was $479. After finding no blemishes on the wood or steel I jumped on it. This is the 6+1 version of the 336 with a 20" barrel. Can't wait to pick it up! :cool:

Last edited:

bobn

lever guns are worse than potato chips. wait till you find out about 35 rem or 375 win, or worse yet the pistol cartridges: 32 20, 44 0r 44 40. then there is the sav 99s or win 88s! congrats and enjoy. bobn

fisherman66

Congrats. If you don't plan on putting glass on top I recommend the Williams Peep Sights. I used a Peeped Winchester 30/30 to stick a pig last fall on the run from an offhand position. The Peep fits a lever like gravy on a biscuit.

Holman

lever guns are worse than potato chips.

You got that right! I bought a 1895GS and next I bought a 336 and next a 1895G. Love them all. I have peep sights on the GS, and glass on the 336.

levrluvr

A gun that has graced the American household for over a century..

I have a 336W with Williams FP- a little trigger work (or opt for the WW if so inclined) and you have something that will passed through the generations.

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Is your 336C new or used? If used what year is it? Serial number cypher works on these...
Is yours blessed with the gold plated trigger which aids in hitting the bull at 100 yards?
Brent

Wayward_Son

Brent: It is a new gun, never fired. No, it does not feature the gold trigger. It's just plain old walnut and blue steel.

Did I mention I can't wait to pick it up? I've been poring over the .30-30 selection at MidwayUSA for hours. CorBon offers a 150 grainer with an all-copper Barnes hollow point moving at 2300 fps. Looks like a damn fine option.

OttoJara

AWESOME!!! Welcome to the huge world of Levers, I love my 336 in 35Rem., my wife and 14yr old love to shoot it also.