Just purchased a NIB Colt LE 6920 with MP. Did I get taken for a ride?

HMC8404

I've always wanted the AR with a pony on it, but the bubble prices were thicker than my wallet. I did some research on line in various forums, reviews, etc. I didn't want to pay much over $1K. I found a Colt LE6920 with the MP handle, NIB for $1,059 + $30 shipping and no taxes. I took the bait and am waiting for my toy. The last time I played with anything similar was a M-16 back in my military days (way back!). So, will some savvy AR people let me know how I did on the price and the weapon itself? Thanks for any input you might have. Cheers!:)

DubC-Hicks

I'd say you did decent. Colt is really the standard for AR15s. Absolutely nothing wrong with them. The price isn't bad either, I find standard 6920s around here for about $1100 plus tax.

HMC8404

I'd say you did decent. Colt is really the standard for AR15s. Absolutely nothing wrong with them. The price isn't bad either, I find standard 6920s around here for about $1100 plus tax.

Thanks DubC! Sounds like I'm in the ballpark.

Xfire68

You did just fine. I get a small discount and can only get them for $1,015 shipped with Magpul gear on them so you did good.

5whiskey

Good rifle at a decent price. I've heard of better deals, but what you paid is on the lower end so congrats.

HMC8404

You did just fine. I get a small discount and can only get them for $1,015 shipped with Magpul gear on them so you did good.

I'm stoked! Thanks for the input Xfire.

Coach Z

You did better then fine, good in fact

Most of the prices I've seen say that you did darn good on that and you've got a rifle coming that is arguably the gold standard for AR's. Enjoy

HMC8404

I appreciate your time, fellow gun "nuts". I'm feeling good about my choice for sure. I promised my wife that if I bought it, I wouldn't sell it. (oops). You see, I am the man around here, and what I say goes. Sure. ;)

Xfire68

I have only traded guns for other guns I never down size! :D That is the final word around here! Right Honey? She said yep!

HMC8404

I have only traded guns for other guns I never down size! That is the final word around here! Right Honey? She said yep!

Hey, I think you just gave me an out if I need it in the future. Gotta go...here comes the frying pan!

Ibmikey

You got ripped ! Well everybody else was so nice and congratulatory that I just had to be a stinker. :)
If this is your first AR just remember Colt designed the 6920 to be a light rifle but hanging stuff on it will increase the weight dramatically. Choose optics and accessories well and you will love the Colt. (Example: A Bushnell luminated 1.5 x 4 weighs about a pound plus mount..Leupold weighs half of that..)

HMC8404

Ibmikey:

Now I want my money back!!!!!:mad:

I appreciate the info on weight. I will be looking at optics, so great advice. Thanks!

Armybrat

HMC - congratulations on your Colt.

You guys are very bad for my wallet.

Before all the hoopla last year, the idea of an AR never was particularly appealing to me. Since it has pretty much died down I've been taking an interest in them - particularly since I gave my Mini-14 to a son for Christmas.
Naturally after reading many posts on several forums, the AR bug has finally hit me.

Am leaning towards the LE6920 MP-B. The cheapest (in stock) found so far is $1,044 with free shipping plus the FFL transfer fee.

The other choice is a S&W MP 15 Sport for $643 - a lesser, but good quality, gun that still meets my needs. But the Colt Pony has a lot more appeal.

Is yours as good as you thought it would be?

HMC8404

Armybrat-

That bug is a pesky critter that seems to keep coming back, isn't it? Nice gift for your son-that Ruger. I was very close to purchasing one (several times). It might mot have the accuracy or weight advantage of the ARs, but is a great weapon and a tried and true stout American icon for sure. I wish I could tell you how I like my Colt, but it is on order and cannot be shipped until I get back to my home state of MT on the first of March...the wait is killing me already! I was tempted to buy a less pricey brand of AR, but from everything I have been reading, It seems like Colt is the prudent way to go if you can afford one. Right or wrong, I'm for going with instincts. My gut said Colt. Also, I haven't given much thought about the GOV taking away my gun rights, including ARs...until recently. My gut again-is telling me that so-called "Assault Weapons" will eventually be on the National chopping block. It may be years from now, or not in my lifetime. But I decided to move on this regardless.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Ibmikey

Get the Sport if you want a neat plinking rifle, it will last a lifetime. The Colt has military look and reliability and will last two lifetimes....your choice ! Buy lots of ammo from PSA today while they have their super specials.

HMC8404

Ibmikey:

Thanks for the great lead on ammo. I just ordered one ammo can of these for $169 + $15 shipping. Good prices compared to many companies out there.

Federal American Eagle 5.56x45mm NATO 55gr FMJ 420rds On Stripper Clips