just picked up the feg pjk-9hp - how to dissasemble?

2002gti

the finish is very nice deep bluing. the trigger is very heavy, if i had to guess i'd say 15 pounds. the slide/frame fit is the loosest ive seen. how do i take the slide off? i can't get the slide stop out no matter what position i have the slide in. for $200 i'm barely happy with the purchase.

SW9mm

hang in there

pull slide back and engage thumb safety into the second notch that looks exactly like the first one. the slide will be locked....then pull out the slide stop, you may have to move it up a little to clear hole. then holding the slide push thumb safety back down. pull slide off the frame. the rest is like any other semi the guide rod is a little different, it mates to the barrel in a weird way...make a note of it for reassembly.

for what its worth mine has been flawless and accurate. hang in there shoot it. with the mag disconnect removed the trigger will improve. some say feg's rival brownings out of the box triggers. browning hi powers aren't known for their out of the box triggers by the way. i have shot both and agree with that. clean well shoot the heck out of it. mine impressed me and for a couple hundred beans i can't complain at all. :D

Last edited:

SW9mm

also the feg's don't have the firing pin safety like the browning mk lll's. have heard that the firing pin safety can be a potential weak point in the slide that it wasn't engineered for by jm browning. kinda like the addition of a firing pin safety on a 1911. john moses browning didn't put it on a 1911 or on a hi power. newer guns were designed with these things in mind.