Just picked up my CCW permit

cen

Just picked up my permit. What an easy and painless process. No interview, but I think I had an in, being the county jail's medical director. Feels good to be legally able to carry. Now I need to start looking for somethink smaller than my Taurus 627 .357 as I don't know if it will be too big to carry. PA seems to be an easy state to get a permit from what I've read. Cheers :)

Lou22

Yes, it is definitely a good feeling. Also a bit weird to be concealed carrying but you'll get used to it.

For a quality CC gun I recommend the Kahr PM9 9mm. Mine's been completely reliable after the 200 round break in. It fits easily in most of my front pockets.

I'm sure you'll get lots of good advice from the folks here on what to carry.

Lou

cen

Have never carried

No Rugerman, I haven't carried yet. Thats only because I don't have a holster for the Taurus, so I probably would have if I had one. :D

tork

pretty easy in pennsy, there is no interview for anyone... and all the permits i've seen say 'self defense' no matter what you tell em.

im in the same category, looking for a cc piece, the .357 isnt that comfy

mete

Some years ago one of the PA counties handed out a list of suggestions with the permit . One of them read -'Only carry your gun when you're going to need it' !!!!.........Cajun, there has just been a shooting in a Wal-Mart shopping center ,two employees killed in the parking lot. I wonder what the corporate policy will be now . www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,166601,00.html

blume357

walther ppk

I was/ am looking for either a sig 232 or a walther ppk (both 380 cal) and theres a guy in PA who wants to sell his stainless steel walther ppk for $325, its an Interarms one with one mag. Look under revolvers for sale and WTB ....in SC

mete

The WalMart shooting - he was menataly disturbed . He emptied his .40 pistol reloaded and emptied it again !! If a couple of rounds of .40 doesn't work that would disturb anyone.

Avid Concealer

I love carrying my P99 in an uncle mikes holster. Feels great. I also never got a wierd feeling when I started carrying, I dunno where people get that from? It's not like anyone knows anyway.

walk27

That Wal-Mart shooting was 2 miles away from where I live. The guy just bought the gun last week.

My Fiance used to ask me why I carry all the time. Well in the past month and a half the headlines here in Phoenix metro have been something like this: Man stabbed and killed while taking out trash, Man shot to death in his own driveway, Four people killed in two seperate incidents less than two miles apart, and now the Wal-mart thing.

I know that we are not alone in stuff happening like this. Any more I just tell my Fiance that "IT" can happen anywhere, anytime. I doubt though that after what's happened here in just the past month she will ask again.