Just picked up a couple of pounds of BLC-2

Jimro

You'll want good case fill and a strong primer, magnum or milspec, to get best accuracy. However, it is known to be a bit on the temp sensitive side, so please work up your loads in the coming hot months.

Jimro

grubbylabs

I only use magnum primers that way there is no problems with needing them and not having them. And I plan on developing the loads within the next few weeks.

Jimro

April in Idaho is a lot different from August, so keep watch for pressure signs.

This was one of the powders used in M118SB pushing a 173gr FMJ (the ball powder that competitors didn't like compared to the 4895 charged lots), but evidently it did good enough out of an accuracy test rig to be accepted. It is still used in M80 ball, pushing a 147gr FMJ.

What bullet(s) do you intend to use?

Jimro

NWPilgrim

BLC2 is excellent in .223. Easy sub-MOA loads in 55 FMJ with 27.1 gr and 69 HP with 25.1 gr. still working on 60-62 gr bullets with it but so far it is edging out H335 which has been a very fine performer.

Bart B.

Winchester's large rifle primers are hot enough to work well with BLC-2 powder; they developed that powder for military ammo as well as their own use. To bad that BLC-2, along with all the other ball powders, never reached the best accuracy level extruded (stick) powders have in the .308 Win.

grubbylabs

It does look like it is better suited for the 223 and I have 2 hungry ones to feed so it will likely go for that instead of the 308.