Just Like Christmas...

was digging in my powder reserves for some 4198 that I was pretty sure I had... & ran across a bottle of Trailboss, & a can of PB that I didn't know I had...

I just used up the last of my known Trailboss, & couldn't quite finish up the last of my CAS loads for MRS 38 Special, & been looking for a couple of months knowing I was going to run out... so finding an nearly full bottle of Trailboss was really cool... I'd also been wanting to try some PB in a couple cartridges, & have never run across a can in my searches for Trailboss, well... there in the back of the powder fridge ( I still use my FIL's old refrigerator, that he converted to a powder storage cabinet ) I found a full can of PB... it's from 1992, but it's been hidden in stable storage, smells & looks fine, so I think I'm good to go there as well...

so I found I had in stock, all 4 powders I wanted to try for smokeless loads of the 45 Black Powder Magnum ( it's been so long, that I've been looking for PB, that I'll have to remember what else I was going to try using it in :eek:... sucks getting old )

LE-28

Like Christmas is right. Just try buying some.

I got some help when I was running low on my favorite pistol powder and my LGS helped me out with a phone call. It was like a gift from God because I could see myself running out and not being able to get any anywhere.

I'm good now and can't wait until this shortage is over. I think all the stores should limit powder buying to one pound per customer unless that customer has been buying all their supplies from them for years like I have with my LGS. That should trump the "jonny come lately's" or the gun show sellers that are capitalizing on buying it all so we are forced to buy it from them at a higher price.

I smiled when I walked past the rest of this powder and saw a "one per customer" sign on the rest of it.