Just how bad do you want that Savage 99??

Abel

Brother, if ever a rifle was made that was worth every penny, its that one. If money weren't an issue, she'd be in my safe as I type this. :cool:

mananer

oooohhhh yeah,got a .243 and a .22HP,just missed a .250-3000 last week by an hour,would love to own one of these!!

TXGunNut

Which caliber, 300 WbyMag? I'm torn between the .308 and the .358. Either would be a new cartridge (but not a new caliber) to me. Do the rings and bases come with? :rolleyes:

72gator

Flip a coin and pull the trigger Tx! I was lucky enough to get a 99 in .308 Win. not long ago. That is a beautiful gun they are selling, but it is priced about 2 1/2 times what most would spend on it. $2000 seems more appropriate. Wow, even that seems steep as I type it. Still, a wonderful looking (and performing--according to their specs) rifle. Thanks for sharing .300 W Mag.

Which caliber, 300 WbyMag? I'm torn between the .308 and the .358. Either would be a new cartridge (but not a new caliber) to me. Do the rings and bases come with?
250-3000... From shooting my dad's 99 in the same caliber, this cartridge has a special place..

LaserSpot

It's nice to see something different! Bolt-action rifles have become boring. Also, I'd rather have an American classic than a Mauser repro.

I'd get one in .308 if I had that kind of money; hold the forend tip and shadowline cheekpiece.

taylorce1

I'd want a straight grip .358 Win. Oh wait, I've already got one! Not as pretty as that one mind you but, it will put 3 of my handloads into a 1" group. I haven't been able to find any .358 factory ammo that I've wanted to pay for yet to try, but I'll bet my .358 shoots that pretty darn good.

Good thing is I've got far less than $6800 in it as well. The wood work is great on this rifle but other than that, I'd rather spend my money on a hunting trip. I would love to go back to AK and hunt another black bear with my .358 Win Savage 99A and that $6800 price tag would pay for a couple of DIY bear hunts in SE AK.