Just had too.

I was just going to visit my baby brother and pick up a 100 lb bag of black walnuts. Decided to stop at a gun shop to price some powder. I ended up with a new to me used S&W 642-3 with a crimison trace lazer sight. Gun is like new no wear marks or powder marks on the cylnder or forcing cone. out the door for $520 taxes and all. I had been thinking I needed as pocket gun and this just dropped in my lap. No I forgot about the powder. Road trip

briandg

a 100 pound bag of walnuts, looking back into my childhood years, resulted in 1 batch of cookies, and I got one.

Have you ever looked into the possibility of turning a used reloading press into a black walnut cracker?

The reloading industry is really missing out on an opportunity here. messed up castings = factory seconds that become factory firsts when turned into super heavy duty nutcrackers.

cracking nuts

never thought od using a reloading press as anut cracker. I was thinking of a steel plate a a 3 lb hand sledge hammer. I'll google it.

briandg

Try to find a "black brute walnut cracker"

That thing was an industrial strength screw press that shattered the shell and center post and left the nut intact.

The thing exerted hundreds of pounds of controlled force, and you couldn't go more than maybe 1/16th of an inchaccidentally beyond what was necessary to crack it completely