Just got this blue GP-100 .357

boa2

Here are some pictures of a not too often seen, blue, 4" half-lug GP-100 .357, that I just found and had purchased:
P1010869.jpg

P1010882.jpg

P1010864.jpg

P1010878.jpg

P1010875.jpg

boa2

springmom: No, I haven't shot my GP-100 yet-as I just got it last Friday afternoon!:eek:

Silvanus: You are welcome for the pictures.

joshua

Nice! Let's shoot it! :D That is very pretty. Update requested after your range session with the blue GP100. josh

boa2

joshua:

1)Thanks!:)

2)Yes, I'll give an update after I have been to the range with this GP-100?

3)However, before giving an update, I'm going to fit this GP-100 with some nice looking wooden grips to try to improve upon it's looks? I'll just shoot .38 special's for awhile-so, the wooden grips will work fine with this ammo.:eek:

Shaun

wooden grips will be fine for whatever ammo you use, i blast my old security six with 125 and 158 grain 357 magnums all the time, and that thing is fitted with the worlds tiniest set of wooden service grips. The bigger framed GP-100 will suck up all that recoil just fine.

Very nice. The blued ones are hard to come by. In my opinion the GP-100s are by far one of the greatest medium frame revolvers made. I own a six-inch barrel and recently bought my best friend a four-inch barrel version. It surprised me how little the four-inch barrel kicked even with 158 grain JHPs in it. I honestly do not think it kicks any worse than my six-inch. Beautiful gun; have fun shooting it.

sparkysteve

Nice buy. I have a 4" GP100 stainless. If you like your new gun half as much as I like mine, you'll be happy you bought it. Happy and safe shooting.

boa2

Yes, I like my GP-100 a great deal-despite not having shot this gun yet! Since I have medium-large hands, I decided to install some larger Ruger grips on my GP-100 this morning. I'll try these grips first at the shooting range and then will switch back to the original grips to compare them for shooting comfort? Following are some new pictures of my GP-100 with the larger Ruger grips-take a look and then tell me how you think this half-lug barrel looks with these grips compared to the original compact Ruger grips?:
P1010913.jpg

P1010903.jpg

P1010908.jpg

P1010912.jpg

P1010904.jpg

P1010916.jpg

joshua

I've always like the full size stock Ruger GP100 grips. I've experimented with all types from finger grooved rubber to wood and nothing is faster than the stock grips. If they are not contaminated with oil they are smooth enough providing a quick draw from a hip holster, but firm enough to keep the gun under control when firing even the heaviest 357 magnum loads.
attachment.php

I'll keep posting my dream GP100 revolver until Ruger makes one. :D

attachment.php

josh

rugerdude29

I am really looking into getting a GP100 6" barrel either blue or stainless. Had a 4" stainless and sold it. Yeah, real "DOH!" moment. Best shooting .357 I've come across and you absolutely WILL NOT wear it out.

Joshua, start a poll on how many people would buy a GP100 like that and forward it to Ruger! I will be happy to sign up for one. Perfect for hunting or target work! That looks GREAT!! :)

Merk_fmr8511

I used to own the very same revolver. It's over built... extremely sold and accurate. I had to sell that and my glock model 35 to make a truck payment when I was going through a divorce.

Neophyte1

Gp100

boa2: Sir; you won:)you won:p
That unit will live with you and your great grandchildren forever.
Good Deal.

Craig

Crazy4nitro

My local Dealer gets on occasion the Blue 6" GP100 police turn-in's (as he calls them). They sell for like $375ish...<-------is that a good deal?....I Might just snatch one up just do to the fact of the killer reviews AND they are Damn Good looking.

'Nitro

Epyon

boa2...

Ruger GP-100s are my favorites, because they have excellent quality for the price you pay. Also, cute touch with the Buddha statue.

Epyon

azmark

For goodness' sake, buy one

I recently sold a 6" half-lug GP100 because I needed to pay bills:( I really miss it. It felt great, shot great, looked great; and did I say I miss it? You'll love it if you get it. It may be big and it may be heavy, but it's accurate and tough. Great gun!