Just got this beauty...

kylen

Please let me know what you think. This is my first 1911 as well as my first Kimber. :) I can't wait to shoot it.

Anyone else have one? I love the Night Sights on it.

16cf4165.jpg

1611614d.jpg

fasteddie565

Kylen,

Nice pistola. Don't let anyone give you crap about mim products or Kimber this or that. The Tacoma PD issues this exact same pistol.

arch308

Kimber

Nice gun! I finally broke down and got myself a Kimber Pro CDP II. Took it to the range yesterday with 250 rnds of my reloads and WOW! what a machine. I have read about the Kimber's being ammo sensitive so was a little worried about using my reloads since that's all I shoot anymore. Not one malfunction! Sweet shooter too for as light as it is and as accurate as I could hope for.
Looks like the old G36 might go on the auction block.

Ozzieman

kylen,, Sweet.

But I won’t trade you.
After over 20 years mine has been a perfect 1911.
But with hot factory, the light weight can beat you up.:eek:

Last edited:

dajowi

I've got the Eclipse Ultra II 3". Beautiful gun. Mine is a tack driver and the most accurate .45 I ever owned. These steel versions soaks up the recoil remarkably well. I changed out the charcoal grips and replaced them with Kimber hard rubber ones.

Mystro

Great choice. I bet it will be a tack diver. All the Kimbers I have owned were the most accurate guns in my collection.

Well Digger

Kylen,
I think you are going to enjoy your Kimber. I have two Kimbers model 1911 Pro Covert II .45ACP and the Rim Fire Super .22LR. I enjoy them both. The more I shoot the better they get. Or the better I get? Cheers..

Straitshot

I have a Custom Eclipse II that I have had several years. It is a terrific shooter and I love it. Will try and post a pic tomorrow.

BoogieMan

I love the Eclipse looks. I have a Target II in 9mm that has been great to me so far. ABout 2000rds down the tube. I am looking at Cerakote guys to finish mine similar to the Eclipse. Good luck, I think you will be very happy.

kylen

Straitshot post some pics!

And thanks everyone for your comments and feedback.

I am super stoked to shoot this fine firearm today. Hopefully today anyway.

Anyone recommend the best type of ammo for Kimbers.