Just got my Auto Ordnance Thompson today

TNT

Waited for months for this, and today I felt nervous bought 4 additional mags and reworked them to fit as well only down side is the weight. but I never thought that they would be light. But not having Auto Ordnance give any give on demands I finally choose the 1927 A1 Commando I liked the parkerizing the Cutts Compensator. Plans later to include shortening the barrel, and wood furniture. I always wanted one since I was a kid but never had the 20,000+ for the military's Special thanks to my wife for making this entirely possible.
DSCF7061.jpg

Chris_B

I believe that A-O has wood as an option :)

Nice rifle. I'd love to have one. Cool factor of 11 on a scale of 1 to 10 even if it's not an original. And for something like that, fun is what it's about

TNT

I wanted to make it to the way I wanted it so I asked Auto Ordnance if I could get the Military parkerized they said no, so I said what if I just buy one without the bluing (because all their military's are blued don't ask why lol) they said no so I asked can I get the one I got with wood and again they said no. So I took what they had and gonna spend some time getting it back up and running the way I want it lol

alloy

I'll have to watch Public Enemies on HBO tonight in celebration of your new tommy gun. (also for the BAR and 1911 full auto)
Congrats, looks great!

44 AMP

Staff
Congrats

DSCF0312.jpg

This is the way I like mine. Saw one like yours a few years ago, and passed on it, as I did not want the parkerized finish.

I am surprised Auto Ord would not build to your specs. Could be the Kahr mgt doesn't want to bother with special orders?

Personally, I find the parkerized finish on a Tommy gun to be just...wrong. It should give you good service, but they were never finished like that in the old days, and it just doesn't look good that way to me.

Anyway, fix i the way you want it, its your gun, and enjoy!

TNT

I wanted a early type military and this would be the closest configuration I could get it in my Dad has the original Colt Commercial 1921-28 over stamp his is blued as it should be and looks extremely nice. but either way AMP I like them both. I like the furniture by the way. I thought I would help my dad out so I gave hm the gun case that mine came in for his ORIGINAL Thompson

madcratebuilder

I've always shot the cheapest bulk ammo I could get in mine. I tried some good ammo a few months ago and I was pleased with the results. I was holding 4-5moa standing at 100yds, or minute of pie plate.

Some day i want to SBR it and add the detachable butt and the original Lyman rear sight.

tomgun.jpg.jpg

DPris

Member Emeritus
Hmmm.
I'm behind the times on AO, didn't know they were sending out plastic furniture. :)
Denis

TNT

For the Commando version I have plastic is the only option, wood is standard on all other models

cat9x

TNT,

GREAT looking Auto Ordnance! I always liked the park finish and would have loved it if mine came with that option. It didn't so I had to be happy with AO's paper thin blueing. Yours is probably handy in that you don't have to oil the exterior like I do. Great, cool, heavy, nostalgic guns though; thanks for sharing!

I was under the impression that the commando (at least used to) had black painted wood furniture? Guess they are plastic now?

I like your comment... "Special thanks to my wife for making this entirely possible". You're keeping it real!

Attachments

• M1A1 SBR.JPG
    M1A1 SBR.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 34