Just got my 1984 CZ-75

RCS

Well, I finally scraped up enough cash to go pick up my CZ that I had on layaway. It's a 1984 Bauska import. The condition is like new. I think it may have had one mag full of ammo run through it, then it was put away without being cleaned. That being said, I absolutely love it! I had the chance to do a side by side comparison with a '96 manufacture CZ-75B, and I have to concur with previous posters that the older ones are MUCH nicer in terms of fit/finish. When racking the slide, mine seems so much smoother. The quality of the polymer coat seems to be higher as well. As the prices were equal, all around I am glad that I chose to go with the vintage one. The mag that came with it is serial numbered to the gun as well!

Stephen A. Camp

Staff In Memoriam
Hello. Congratulations on your "old" CZ. Mine are of that generation and none are for sale. Well, not at a price any sane person would pay! Shoot it and you'll be totally "infected." By the way, I think you can still get pre-ban factory 15 rnd magazines from CZ-USA at about $50 a pop. Best.

parabellum

Congrats. I've got an Action Arms import, dated 1991, in matte blue. You just don't see a lot of 75s with this finish. What makes it even nicer is that all small parts, hammer, slide stop, safety catch, mag release, are hi polished blue. It's a subtle, but very nice touch. Round trigger guard, spur hammer, and pre-firing pin lock. Sweeeet!

Almost makes up for the fact tha I actually walked away from an '85 production, NIB high polsh blue 75, with no import marks. Prettiest 75 I've ever seen. $350! Like I said, the one I own now almost makes up for that stupid decision. Almost.

Tecolote

RCS,

Congratulations! Now you know what a lot of us have been saying all along, there's no comparison between early production and later productions CZ75s. All are reliable and stout, but the older the pistol the better the hand fitting.

Yes, you can get new prebans from www.cz-usa.com for $45 plus shipping. They're not set up for credit cards so you've got to mail them an MO. They charge $8 shipping for up to ten mags. You can also get factory mags for $50 or Mecgars for $40 (excellent and functional) mags from www.cdnninvestments.com I'd stick with factory as in some earlier models (not sure of cut off year) non-factory mags tend to bind. Get the mags ASAP, once these are gone prices will climb rapidly.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

[This message has been edited by Tecolote (edited June 08, 2000).]

B Shipley

If you mail them in MO, then you won't get the mags. They are over in K.C., KS, with 1/3 the population and 2/3 the murders of the MO side.

buzz_knox

He said "mail them an MO" as in money order. Of course, if he mailed them the state and got magazines for it, he'd be getting a great return on his investment. :) (Sorry. Got dumped by a girl from MO one time. There's still some residual bitterness there.)

B Shipley

I'll have to not skim these. "an MO" didn't make sense to me, so I just thought he meant "in MO", not "a MO".

And yeah, there aren't too many more backwards hillbilly states around. MO makes everything hard when it comes to peasant vs. (corrupt democratic) government relations. Kentucky seems progressive by comparison.