Just brought home a new Remington 1911R1S

HMC8404

This 1911 really caught my eye when I began looking for a no-frills MILSPEC type 1911 in a modest price bracket. I've yet to put any rounds through it, but the fit, finish, walnut grips and overall feel of this gun is awesome, and I've read very good reviews on the gun. Pretty great price too. $699.00 OTD -$75. rebate -$20. in credit card cash. So, $604.00 wasn't too painful at all. They are no longer marked E-RPC, and the company website states that the entire gun is machined. I cant see any evidence of casting, but heard that the E-PRC models were cast. I see nothing wrong with modern casting, such as what Ruger puts out. Was wondering if anyone knows for sure if this model was changed from investment casting to machined? Anyway, I'll share its first report card later. Gotta go pet my gun now.:D

Ibmikey

Your pistol is a machined forging not cast, older r1 used machined cast frame. You will enjoy this pistol, mine has gobbled hundreds of rounds of GI ball with never a failure of any kind. Accuracy is questionable not because of the pistol, as I am just not able to hold well enough to shoot the groups I did while in Police competition a few years ago. But this pistol will sure tear a soda can to bits or ring the gongs we set up and will not beat you up doing it. You now have a firearm that will last for many years to come.

Last edited:

HMC8404

"Your pistol is a machined forging not cast, older r1 used machined cast frame. You will enjoy this pistol, mine has gobbled hundreds of rounds of GI ball with never a failure of any kind. Accuracy is questionable not because of the pistol, as I am just not able to hold well enough to shoot the groups I did while in Police competition a few years ago. But this pistol will sure tear a soda can to bits or ring the gongs we set up and will not beat you up doing it. You now have a firearm that will last for many years to come."

Sorry, not sure how the quoting works here. Thanks for the good news. Glad you're enjoying yours. I bought 500 rounds of Winchester ball today...getting ready to fire her up! I actually like the way this weapon looks and feels better than the "New Series 70" Colt I sold. It also had many stove-pipes and the brass ejected at 12:00 into my head, even after break-in.