Just Bought My First CZ

claydoctor

That is if you don't count my CZ 1911, which is really a Dan Wesson. It seems that as soon as I start getting interested in something, they discontinue it. Such is the case with the CZ 75B single action only. My LGS sold out of them awhile back. Finally found a NIB model on Gunbroker and went for it. I have little interest in shooting such guns double action, so I thought I would get one as much 1911-like as possible. Picked it up yesterday and have not had a chance to fire it but fit and finish seem excellent and the trigger is impressive with very little creep and a crisp break. Nothing like a new toy at Christmas.

jetinteriorguy

Been shooting my SA for three years now and it's still my favorite semi auto, but my RIA 1911 in 9mm is running neck and neck. About the only reason the CZ is still no. one is the higher capacity. Accuracy wise they are both the same. I like the single action so much better than the regular 75B I traded the B for a GP100. Really really loving the GP100 after a little work on it.

chaim

You're in for it now! For most of us, once we give in to CZ, one is never enough. Right now I have the CZ 75B I bought 17 or 18 years ago, a CZ PCR, a CZ 75B Compact, and a CZ P01, and I had a CZ 40B for about a year shortly after buying my original 75B. I've been keeping an eye out for a replacement for my CZ 40B (I regretted selling it within a few short months of doing so), for a deal on a RAMI, I've been looking at the P07 (especially in .40) off and on for years, and I'd love to come across a P06 (the .40S&W version of the P01). Good luck, that sound you hear is the money being sucked out of your wallet as you discover "needs" you never knew you had.

triplebike

Congratulations! You just purchased one of the finest designed handguns ever made. My CZ75BSA is 10 yrs old now. It's my favorite CZ, just old school perfect. It has never had a single failure, I shoot a lot I can't guess how many rds have been fired but I'm sure it's in the upper thousands. Also still using the original mags. I also have a CZ Kadet 22 adapter for it, which makes it an unbelievable 22 caliber handgun as well.

Nathan

I’ll give you a hint...there are lots of custom bits available for these things, but I find the hammer and trigger to be the key replacement parts. Check out Cajun Gun Works as well as CZ Custom.

claydoctor

I know the risk you are warning of. I once bought Mas Ayoob's book on Beretta handguns because I didn't have any. Within months, I had six of them. Of the other CZ's, the one that feels best in my hand is the Phantom. As for CZ Custom and Cajun, the only thing I would be interested in would be trigger work and considering their prices plus shipping there and back, I think I'll see how this trigger feels after it wears in a bit.