just bought a yukon

old fart

i just bought a yukon from a friend who just ordered it. when he got it today he opened it up and said he did not like a short barrel. he didn't read about the barrel length just bought it on looks. its a traditions yukon with a nickel barrel and mossy oak stock, he said he'd sell it cheap just to have some money to put towards a muzzleloader with a longer barrel. i asked him how much and he said $100, so i bought it and its home with me. does anyone have one of these?, are they good guns?, i'm not a year long shooter i hunt about 14 days a year with a muzzleloader. thanks for any help.

arcticap

Yes, they're good for the price.
It's basically the same gun as the discontinued Remington Genesis except it has a shorter barrel.
The shorter barrel makes it faster to shoulder and easier to handle in the woods and brush.
Plus Traditions nickeled barrels are awesome.
I think that you struck a great deal.
The only problem that I've heard mentioned was that the drop block gate may need to need to be wiped off regularly because it can get a sticky after a few shots. That's easy enough to do since you're swabbing the barrel every often enough anyway.
The Remington Genesis has quite a following and any of them that are new left over guns aren't anywhere near as inexpensive as the Yukons are.
For 4 inches of less barrel length, I don't think that you'll notice much of a difference in accuracy.
Enjoy it old fart and please tell us about how it shoots. :)