Just bought a yugo SKS and need some help.

k77/22rp

The gun is in very good condition blueing near 100% bore cleaned up real nice and the wood looks awesome and it has a soviet flag carved into it which adds some character and history to the gun. I'll post some pics soon.

Can someone post a link that shows disassembly, and what all those dern levers and gadgets do. thanks a lot

p.s. I did search the archives and couldnt find anything.

BobR

I believe it should tear down like all other SKS's, except it has that grenade launcher on it.

If you will PM me your email addy, I will send you 10 pages of SKS
diassembly instructions. They will choke a hotmail account, so if you want them sent there I will have to do it in pieces.
bob

gburner

There are also plenty of links on the web with step by step instructions. Use 'SKS Rifle' in your search querry. If your Yugo is like mine, it has plenty of cosmo on/in it. Be careful to clean it thoroughly before you give it range time.

johnwill

AFAIK, with the exception of the little gas diverter valve, they are just a standard SKS. Mine sure disassembles just like any other SKS...

SKS_R.jpg

CWL

Hey there k77/22rp,

Just curious, but why would a Yugoslavian SKS have a Soviet (Union) flag on it? They were separate nations when that SKS was built.

k77/22rp

CWL,

I thought yugoslavia was still part of soviet union when the M59/66 was used.
Hmmm maybe I was wrong and it isnt a soviet flag, well see for yourself and please tell me what it is.

Heres a picture of it.

Attachments

• soviet flag.jpg
    soviet flag.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 249

BobR

Only a few flags in the world come close, with pakistan being the closest.
Turkey:
turkey-smallflag.gif

Pakistan:
pakistan-smallflag.gif

There are a few more of the "stan" places in Asia that use the cresent and star in their flag..but not as close as these.
http://www.plcmc.org/forkids/mow/

It may just be a symbol carved by a Muslim.
bob

johnwill

That's some mighty fine looking furniture in that pic, John
Thanks, it was a pleasant surprise to find that under all the grease! That is the first, and last rifle I ever get "in the grease", what a PITA! :)