Just Bought A P7PSP.....

Ronin 99

This gun shoots like a dream! Hard Chromed,in excellent condition and with a one year warranty by my gunsmith for $6oo. Downside,it only came with one mag. Anybody know where I can get extra mags? Will P7M8 mags fit? I'm a happy guy! :)
Ronin

ps-can I shoot +P ammo through this. As heavy and well built as this gun is I would think so but I don't have a manual and I'd like to know for sure. Of course I don't make it a habit to use a lot of +P even if the gun is rated for it. Just enough insure reliability and accuracy.

MRW

Sounds like you got an amazing deal on an outstanding gun. I love the PSP--in many ways it's a better carry gun than the M8. You're aware, I trust, that the PSP doesn't have the loaded chamber idicator of the M series guns, yes?

George Helser

Ronin 99,

The PSP is my preferred carry choice for many reasons.

Go ahead and shoot +P ammo ALL the time. P7s are very well suited to +P ammo because the P7 uses gas pressure to retard the slide. The higher the pressure cartridge the more slide retard force!

One word of caution. The PSP magazine springs are not very stiff. Without going into a long explanation, the last round in a mag may jam pointing skyward when using +P ammo which has an overall length over 1.08". Use +P ammo with a short OL in the PSP. Corbon or handloads are a good choice.

Regards,
George
In sunny Arizona

Ronin 99

No,I didn't know about the loaded chamber indicator on the M8,I've never handled one. Came across this one by accident. Was trying to figure out what to buy next and asked the guy at the gunshop if he had a used P7M8 lying around. He showed me what I later found out to be (got the info here on TFL) a P7PSP. That's how I got him to knock $50 off his original asking price. Still wasn't convinced until I fired it. Thought I'd have problems with the squeeze cocker and now I'm wondering why my other guns don't have one. CDNN doesn't have the mags on their website so I'm gonna give them a call to check. Thanks for the info guys.:)
Ronin

Peter M. Eick

Good luck on the PSP. I bought a P7PSP and within a month I picked up another. Great carry guns and very accurate.

I get extra mags (I now have about 20 of them) from Fountain Firearms in Houston, TX. They are on the web, but I am switching computers so the links are temporarily lost.

Good luck on the PSP.

Pete