Just Bought a Bersa Thunder CC .380

TX Hunter

Ive been needing a good Concealed Carry Pistol for a while, and have heard alot of good reports and recomendations on the Bersa, so I went out and Bought a brand new Bersa Thunder Duel Tone Concealed Carry .380 .

I have fired the pistol, and like it alot, also like the way it carries, very easy to Conceal. I dont have much experience with it but was wondering if its a pistol that will hold up to alot of carry and will be dependable for the long run.
I wanted a Walther, but the shop I buy from had to order them. Im not patient. any replys will be apreciated. And please be blunt and honest as usual.

Dan-O

Yes. I think they are dependable and will hold up to whatever kind of abuse you can throw at it. I have a Bersa CC model as well.

Not crazy about the mag disconnect, but I've heard that's easily fixed, nor the high price for spare mags. But overall, I've been pleased with my gun.

TX Hunter

Thanks Don

I like the Pistol seems like it will serve me well. I hope I wont need it but If I ever do I want It to work.

aarondhgraham

I don't think you will be unhappy,,,

I have the Thunder rather than the CC version,,,
I shoot mine quite a lot and so far it's holding up very well.

I buy my ammo in 500 round packs,,,
I'm somewhere in my third pack,,,
No problems at all with it.

My Thunder 22 is the same way,,,
Somewhere between 4k and 5k rounds.

IMHO the Bersa's are under-rated guns.

Aarond

Stressfire

I think you'll like it.

Been carrying mine since May - no holster wear yet

Roughly 500 rounds, never had a failure of any kind that I didn't intentionally cause by putting an empty case in the mag

Just as good as any "name brand" .380s on the market. Enjoy!

bird_dog

The Bersa Thunder 380 was my first CC handgun. After picking up more potent handguns, I still rotated it through my carry guns frequently, especially in warm weather.

Had thousands of rounds through it. Thousands.

It was one of the most accurate compact handguns I've ever had, and totally reliable.

This past spring, it was stolen. Not sure I will replace it, since I have others to use, but I will definitely miss it.

Dan-O

Found some pics I had taken a few years back after I got my Marschall Grips installed. If I remember correctly, they are Bubinga.

DA52D665-29B8-46FB-8502-1D1D498846A3-2501-00000250B85C3CF3.jpg

E3FEB1DB-D0B2-4537-8611-C130F0824D41-2501-00000250BF06DF5A.jpg

360680F6-0F17-4785-9FA6-989344B34E5C-2501-00000250C525D408.jpg

BC9DE350-0401-4776-B84A-CAF7A737FFC6-2501-00000250CBBD608D.jpg

samefly

I've been having a hard time finding the cc version in the Austin TX region. Anyone know a retailer in the area that carries them?

kahrguy

My youngest girl has a 380CC as one of her carry guns and its been a great pistol. I would say the bersa may not have the finish of a walther but more than likely has a better trigger, just as accurate or better and way few issues. The price is so low you can aford a few of spare mags too.

michael t

Lots of owners and CC carriers here

http://bersachat.com

After 10 posts can get 10% off on factory mags , holsters , shirts, hats ,grips and more
Plus I do a give away of something for a Bersa about 1 time a month.

If its for a bersa we have you pretty well covered.

BGutzman

Great little guns with a good price.. Complaints seem to be few and far between but my own personal experience is its a great value and fun to shoot.

Last edited:

tristar viper

My wife has one and she has had some problems. First it was the trigger spring. It would intermittantly pop out of position and the trigger would go limp. Sent it to some Bersa authorized repair place and they took care of it.
Now, the thing is broke again. The slide locked up while we were out shooting. It locked in the rearmost position and it would not move. Finally got it freed up and then it was just one feeding issue after another. I think she is pretty mad at the thing because I bet it doesn't even have 2000 rounds through it, and rather than get it fixed she bought a new XD.

327 FM

Awesome little gun. I have shot thousands........thousands, of rounds through mine with no problems.

bacardisteve

I dont have a cc but I have been carrying a ultra compact pro 45 everyday for 3 years now. I love it with 4k rds through it it still looks and functions great and has yet to jam. It even functions with cci snake loads. They are very under rated fireams.