Just a question

tBlake08

I'm sorry, let me rephrase that...How would I convert that to aprox. what I would expect to pay at an actual gun shop.

Handy

Your question seems redundant in that "sticker price" usually refers to MSRP.
Maybe for cars, but not guns.

Blake, I don't think there is. It varies from maybe 20% off to a 10% premium over MSRP, depending on where and what. Even very common guns like Glocks vary greatly from retailer to retailer.

Sorry, no simple answer.

Petre

There is no formula really. It's what the market will bear and every seller is different .

If you want a guestimation ... I would refuse to pay less than 10% off on anything from MSRP unless it's a REALLY hot item that's hard to get and closer to 20% is more the norm.

So figure 10-20% off MSRP. :p

Glockamolie

MSRP = Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price

MSRP = "Sticker Price", like you'd see on the manufacturer's website.

What you pay for the gun = discount from MSRP, unless a particular gun sells for OVER what the manufacturer suggests that it should sell for.

:)

Jericho9mm

where i usually shop it is about $50 bucks for Taurus, $100 for Ruger, $30-50 for an XD, not sure about glock and then about $100 for Baby Eagle. But that is all that i can remember off the top of my head the best thing to get an average is to go to gunbroker.com and look at the NIB (new in box) guns and see how much they go for.

tBlake08

All right, thanks, I was looking at some savages. While I have this thread open, is the fluted barrel really much of an edge? And I'm wanting to start doing some precision shooting, will the savage with the bull barrel (fluted or not) be okay out of box? (with optics, etc. added of course)

pipoman

gunbroker.com and look at the NIB (new in box) guns and see how much they go for.

I agree, shop the internet auctions to determine going price then shop at your dealer. IMO it is worth a slight premium to buy from the dealer, I have found my dealers to often beat internet prices.

tBlake08

I plan to buy local even if it is a bit more just to help support the dwindling gun-store commerce in my area. I also plan to upgrade, but I'm still in highschool and am having to buy one piece at a time, and need a gun I can shoot out of box as soon as I can get a scope on it. I'm looking at the http://www.savagearms.com/12fvss.htm and have almost decided on it. It's affordable and seems to be a good out of box gun and a good gun to build on. Any input (gun or otherwise) appretiated.

JSalcedo

In my Guns and ammo they list the Springfield made in croatia XD for $659 msrp I bought one retail for $399 cash.

Winchester 94 .44mag carbine lists at $549 Got mine NIB for $335

On many items that are not super hot with backorders expect to deduct 30% to 40% off of MSRP.