"Just a 38."

CajunBass

Nothing fancy. No Magnum uberboomer. No fancy sights. Just a plain ol', six shot, blue steel 38 Special, Colt MK III, Official Police.

I'm not even sure it's been fired. I plan to correct that before too long.

Colt46

Gotta love Colt Bluing

I used to think the .38 was marginal. With modern loads I've been forced to rethink my position and have an SP-101. Love shooting it more than my .357

bedbugbilly

Yea . . . that is kind of a "Plain Jane" alright . . . :D

I love 38s - have a number of them to shoot and I love the cartridge - reloading it and trying different bullets (I cast my own - only shoot lead). That may be "just a 38" . . . but she sure is a "looker" and I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers!

That's one mighty fine looking shooting iron . . . Congrats on getting it!

And great photos by the way! :)

Modernhoglegs

Basics

Looks like a good basic handgun for the entire family.
Nothing wrong with .38s when loaded with modern ammo.
Good catch!

Bob Wright

Yeah, very good photos! Nothing like old wood for a background for a really handsome sixgun.

While I have some mostly heavy caliber guns with adjustable sights, sometimes its good just to go back to the basics.

That is a handsome revolver you've shown us, thanks for sharing.

Bob Wright

Don P

I'm not even sure it's been fired. I plan to correct that before too long.

Nice gun and ALL guns are test fired at the factory so NO ONE EVER buys a unfired gun. Sig puts 3 magazines down range on every gun that will go out the door for sale. A co-worker worked for SIG in NH so I take his word for it.

eldermike

I carried one this morning (model 60 snubbie, shrouded hammer, stainless) on my bicycle ride. It's my daily companion on rides.

CajunBass

Nice gun and ALL guns are test fired at the factory so NO ONE EVER buys a unfired gun.

Thank you, but test fire at the factory is assumed. When someone says "never fired" at least to me, it means outside the factory test fire. :rolleyes:

eldermike

Never fired is common language in selling firearms but it's not part of any condition classification system I am aware of. NIB or 100% (which means new in the box with all paperwork) would be the highest condition. Excellent comes next at 80-98% depending on NRA systems or others.

That's a beauty but it will not hurt it's value to shoot it. Damage to original finish or original screws or grips is where the value begins to fall off. Guns should be shot.

I dig it. I want one because that's what Barney Fife carried. I was told there was a Model 10 on the show, too. But it's the Colt I remember.

The only nice blued 38 special I have is one my mother bought for my father when they got married. A S&W 36 snub bought new in 1973. It sat under the cash register at his auto parts store all my life until he closed doors on the place in 2002. It was cleaned way more than it was shot as Saturdays were kind of boring at the store. She bought him 3 guns, the 38, a Remington 1100 when I was born in 1975 and a Remington 742 in 1980 when my sister was born. Before he turned 63 he joked that he had always wanted a 44, but he thought he'd have to another kid or get remarried to get one. My sister and I bought him a 44 mag for his birthday that year.

Memories, man. They get me every time...

SaxonPig

I doubt the MkIII version was made in large numbers.

I have that one's daddy...

standard.jpg