Junior's 870 Express Super Mag...

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Well he bought this LIKE NEW gun from our ONE local pawn shop for $217 OTD including tax and BG check IIRC...
He fired a shot today and then mentioned he may have a MB plug in as it only held 2 in the tube. He asked pops to pull it out. He was off to gamble the rest of his money shooting pool. I told him when he was home we would do it together but I was fondling it and decided to do it... I opened up the mag tube and immediately got the whiff of factory preservative so I decided am "as new" cleaning was in order... I don't know how many rounds it takes to show wear marks this had NONE, it only had one scratch on the barrel. I am curious if the finish is real Parkerize or just a dull, thick textured paint. Any marks on the action bars are from me running 100 +/- cycles in super fast order trying to seat the stuff as it was fairly stiff... I will say that the inside of the receiver and the "bolt slide" are rougher by far than a Maverick 88 and I intend to assist Junior as HE takes some fine sand paper to both to make properly smooth...
So without further ado...
P1010122.jpg

P1010121.jpg

P1010120.jpg

P1010119.jpg

P1010113.jpg

P1010112.jpg

Told ya'll it is just a generic like new gun in dire need of the well deserved wear marks!
Brent

scorpion_tyr

So Junior went with a Remington huh? Did ya make him mad or is he just rebellious?

Personally I think he made an excellent choice :D

Regardless... it is one nice looking gun and sounds like the got a pretty good deal! It is very much in need of some wear marks!

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Naw, I didn't make him mad... I had to pawn up a couple guns for personal reasons and as it often goes, money got even tighter so i had to lose them.... This pawn guy has a great deal of respect for me as I "came clean" on the anti lawyer mods I had made to my MKIII and offered to come up and put it back stock to remove liability he may face.
Junior had gone up to try to save "daddy's pistol" but it was sold. He didn't care much for the Mav 88 I had up there and decided to buy his own gun and picked out this 870. Chevy VS Ford... both are good guns... I tell you though, that forward action release made me love my 500's!:cool:
Brent

scorpion_tyr

Sorry to hear about your guns... I've been lucky so far, a few of mine are still hanging on by a thread, a very thin thread.

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
Nice gun, and I wager the usual flagon of mead the wear marks are on the way.

Lightly stoning the shiny spots on the action bars, checking to make sure they are parallel and straight and radiusing the bars will clean up the shuck. Work polish after with a few truckloads of ammo.

Enjoy, Jr....

TangoMcBlasty

I am curious if the finish is real Parkerize or just a dull, thick textured paint.

Believe it or not, it's actually bluing. It's matte because they didn't polish the metal before (after?) bluing. I actually think it looks pretty nice and it definitely saves some coin compared to the labor required to get the finish on something like a Wingmaster.

kellanbarnett

you know your a redneck

when you take pictures of your shotgun, using your marb mediums and a bag of levi garrett as a stand.
i prefer red man :)

GeauxTide

My 870 SPS Tactical is finished the same way and I was surprised how stiff the action was compared to my old 870WM. I suspect that it's a painted job as the parkerized pieces I've had and seen are smoother finished. Should be a hog buster.

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
you know your a redneck
when you take pictures of your shotgun, using your marb mediums and a bag of levi garrett as a stand.
Actually, I was jist too lazy to clean the desk top for pics:eek:....
The framed picture is my favorite as it has my momma and kids along with me before the hair was so gray.
Brent

drail

Trust me on this...that finish really needs to have a light coat of oil kept on it constantly unless you live in a real dry area. I have had one of those for many years and I love it to death but keep some CLP or some type of corrosion prevention on it or you will see it start turning brown. Your son got a good deal on that.

wyobohunter

Not a bad gun for a good price. Personally I like the Mossbergs and (in my case) Brownings better because of the safety location. It just seems to be in the right spot at the right time for a nice fluid pull up and shoot type gun. Also because I'm a southpaw and the Mossbergs/Browning are basically set up to work well w/either.