Judge Vs. Rattler

kraigwy

Who said girls don't have a need for guns. Wife shot this guy while mowing the front yard.

Rattlers aren't much of a match for the Judge with #4 shot.

Rattler%20Vs.%20Judge.JPG

Frankly

You're not gonna let that snake go to waste are ya? Where I come from they batter up good for the fryin' pan....

Bultaco

He does look a bit deflated just back of the head! I an gonna have to get my wife one of those when we get to Texas. The pistol, not the snake.

SARuger

I never kill a timber rattler, copper heads on the other hand, good as dead if I see them. Rattlers don't bother much and are rather rare around here. I will relocate if I can do so safely.

Cheapshooter

Is there a similar ammo like this for a 357 mag revolver??
Doubt you can find anything even close to a 410 shotshell for use in a 357 Magnum.
38 Caliber shot loads contain less than 1/4 ounce of #9 or smaller shot. 2 1/2" 410 has a payload of 1/2 ounce, from grain of salt size to #4, and bigger. The 3" payload is even a bit heavier at 11/16 ounce.
The 44 Magnum comes a little closer with it's nearly 1/3 punce payload, but still with tiny #9 shot.

Last edited:

TimSr

I used to load a lot of Speer shot capules with #9 in 38/357 for a friend every time he was going to visit relatives in Texas. At your typical 5 or 6' shots they were devastating on even large snakes.

bedbugbilly

PITA is not going to be happy with you! :eek::D

Looks like your wife got the job done! Man i hate those things!

We winter in AZ and fortunately, by the time we leave to come back to MI, not too many are out yet but a few are. I had one in my driveway a couple of years ago - wasn't as big as yours but a quick smack with the shovel ended it. I was telling a neighbor to be on the "look out" as it had warmed up enough that they wee out. She got all upset with me when she found out I had killed it. (Gee . . .I felt bad). I then explained that i had not killed it . . . the snake had spotted me and was coming after me so fast that when I held my shovel up, it committed suicide by smacking its head into the shovel. I wonder ho she'd feel if she stepped out of her house and right on top of one?

I went to my local GS and asked for the CCI ammo that looked like a shot gun shell to kills snakes. They smiled and pulled out a carton of them and of course I had to buy a box. Guess that the warm weather here in good ol Music City
brings the snakes et al out.
Question is this any protection as a DA? if so, at what range is it good for?
Doc