Judge Andrew Napolitano is Right On!

I just caught portions of his interview on Fox a few minutes ago on his view on allowing students on campus to carry concealed firearms. The following is an overview of what I caught and to the best of my memory of what he said. These statements are not quoted.

As most know from Heller vs. D.C., he clarified part of the ruling that the individual right was granted in regards to owning a firearm in the home...

But, he also stated that it was an English professor at University of Texas that shot the sniper in the belltower that ended his shooting spree back in (1966?).

He also asserted that there were a number of students that were already trained to CCW or military experience that would qualify them to proficiently carry and use firearms at the time when the Virginia Tech incident took place.

The kicker was his drawn conclusion: If these law abiding citizens were able to carry while on campus, the incident might not have turned out the way it did.

I know that this is elementary to us. But, it's good to see that a former judge is able to have national air time to provide a viewpoint that supports the Constitution.

Yellowfin

That was a really great segment, with some really great work by the SCCC rep as well. It was much too short, but A+ on what they did manage to run.

HKuser

But, he also stated that it was an English professor at University of Texas that shot the sniper in the belltower that ended his shooting spree back in (1966?).

That does not appear to be correct, Charles Whitman was shot by Austin Police officers.

That does not appear to be correct, Charles Whitman was shot by Austin Police officers.

Three Austin Police Officers went to the top of the tower and were assisted by a civilian named Allen Crum who worked for the University. Crum was armed with a rifle and fired a shot as he heard Whitman running to a corner of the tower. The effect of this shot that missed was Whitman was looking Crum's way allowing Officers Martinez and McCoy to go around the other side of the tower and kill Whitman. That is maybe where the mixup occured.

Also, importantly were a number of civilians who flocked to downtown Austin that day and fired at Whitman with hunting rifles causing him to duck beneath the railing of the tower and thus restricting his view of the city. Probably saved inumerble lives in the process.

Last edited:

USAFNoDak

I'm reading "Constitutional Chaos" by Judge Napolitano right now. It's a great read so far. I like the way he thinks and writes about it.