JP Sauer & Sohn, Suhl

Triple BBB

It’s a three barrel drilling. SXS 16ga with a rifle caliber stamped 108/40. Other proof marks are crown over S crown over W crown over U crown over G. It’s has a larger G proof mark with number113 in front of it. Two crowns beside rack other one larger than the other. Serial number 103705. And 16/16 for the ga of shotgun. On the side of barrel “ night foot Kugel”

Triple BBB

With my limited knowledge I think the gun is the following: dated 1905- 1912, black powder, standard model due to basic engraving and case harden finish.

Jim Watson

108/40 is the gauge of the bore, an odd way of describing a rifle. I figure it is a quick check with a plug gauge. The measure is 8.87mm but I think it corresponds to a 9.3mm calibre. Maybe 9.3x72; a common drilling rifle barrel.

Triple BBB

I just read that 113 could stand for Jan. 1913 and the larger G proof without a crown stands for black powder. Is that a correct understanding to the wise? If that is true any idea what this would range in price? The gun is in the 90 percent range, case hardening is great shape and bores are shinning and rifling is good. Just a tiny bit of movement in the in the action when locked. Wood I’d good also.