JP Enterprises

Oberg

I am going to build a 204 ar and have been looking at the jp barrels. Has anyone had any experince with this company? Either upper, barrel, or whole rifle. Thanks

I've got 2 junk jpoint sights from him, and his customer service sucked. Thats my experience with him. I wont entertain the thought of trading with him again.

guntotin_fool

BS, John is top notch, I have known him for well over 20 years, and he is very good.

If you had a problem, I am tempted to say the problem must have been in your approach. I will say I have little personal hands on with his products, but his company is very close to mine, I have lots of friends who deal with him, and he has nothing but a top notch reputation with those who I know...

I have shot one of his rifles which a friend owns, set up for prairie dogging, and I will say that it is dead perfect. I do not know the model name, but its a freaking scary accurate rifle, and I have had hits to over 300 yards with a .223 /5.56. It might hit better than that, but we change to 6's and 6.5's when the distance gets a bit more.

I told him they had a problem and wouldn't adjust. I got one replaced the other didn't last any longer than the first. They won't take recoil. They were sighted and adjusted for a few rounds, 1 actually lasted 1 season. According to him I broke them, after stating that I never spoke to him again. Getting another was not going to solve my problem, and he was not going to give my money back. Funny I didn't break the Tasco optima that was riding on a slide before I got his, it still works. The one off of ebay that replaced his does too.(high quality to match):rolleyes:
Since you know so much about his dealing,BS.
Everything else he does may be a golden tur*, but as for my dealing with him I was disappointed to say the least. His product I dealt with was not good and he did not stand behind it.
BTW this has been 6-8 yrs ago.

Last edited:

sneaky pete

JP Enterprises is # 1 in my book

Sneaky Pete here: I bought a JP grade II match upper w/ a 24" SS super match barrel cryo treated ,cooling fins a free float BBl, and that massive cannon muzzle break about 7>8 years ago and then I went and bought and had installed their fire control group with speed hammer. I have it on an origional'73 Colt SP-1 lower and am using a Weaver target T-36 scope w/ an 1/8th MOA target dot redicle. John Paul has been Extremely helpful with me in developing an accurate load for that gun and as I'm a target shooter my best 10 shot group so far is 0.378" at 100-supported with my handloads. Whenever I finally shoot out that barrel I won't hesitate to send the upper back up to John Paul and have it re-barreled there..I got a new stripped lower for an early christmas present and last week I was talking to John Paul about that new modular trigger-drop in unit that he sells, But decided to go with a conventional single stage adjutable instesd. IN my Opinion JP Enterprises is a quality company to do business with and I recommend their products . THANX--SNEAKY